Losing It

Papyrus

I picked Sans up from his bed. It was easy to tell he was having another nightmare. Would these be a constant now? I carried outside to my red convertible. Was it convenient to leave the house at 2 in the morning? Probably not, but Sans would most likely wake up soon, father was probably awake in his lab and we needed answers. Now. So to the lab we were going to discuss these strange nightmares and attitudes.

Sans

I woke in a panic, nearly driving Papyrus into a ditch, wait.. "why are we in a car? what time is it?" I asked, sitting up in the seat. "It is 2:16 in the morning and we are going to the lab to have a family discussion." Papyrus sounded serious. Papyrus never sounded serious before. So then.. "you're having them too, aren't ya?"
"If you mean the nightmares, than yes. We are going to figure this out." Leave it to Papyrus to get things done. I suppose this conversation was long overdue.

Gaster

I scribbled furiously on a piece of paper, trying to connect my nightmares. Some I was in the darkness alone, others I was in the darkness with others, some I medically abused my boys and others I raised them as sons. What was the meaning? Were they simply possibilities of what could have happened? Alternate Universes? Different timelines? So many possibilities, not enough for me to understand. This was the machines doing, yes, but how do I fix this? Do I even want to be fixed? I paused in my writing and chuckled. Now wasn't that a thought?

Papyrus

I closed the door and locked it. "what'd ya dream about..?" Sans asked slowly as we headed to the door. "Frisk murdered me." Sans tensed. "they murdered everybody." I looked to Sans. "That's what you dream about?"
"i dream about a lot of things. mass genocides by frisk, getting medically abused by dad, other versions of me, good and bad alike- it's, it's alot man.."
"Dad did what?" Sans waved it off. "it was a nightmare and not in this.. er.. timeline." I tried the door. "It's locked."
"course it is. he don't want anyone in there." Sans grabbed my arm. "hold on." And in the blink of an eye, we were inside. "How did you.."
"magic." He waltzed of as if that were normal. Sure I'd made bones with my magic before, but that was a whole other level..

Sans

One good thing about the nightmares,  I picked up on whatever magic I had in them.. well most of the time. I couldn't summon strings, tentacles, or a giant brush, but eh. Didn't need em. I sensed around for Gaster and followed the 'trail' to him. "Sans, do you know where you're going? This complex is huge!"
"don't forget i work, worked, here bro. sides, i know exactly where he is, the more nightmares you have, the more you'll understand." Papyrus looked startled. "Nightmares are a good thing?"
"i mean.. not really, but there is a bit of good to them? magic wise anyways."
"I don't want them at all." Papyrus stated bluntly. "don't blame ya, i could have went my whole life without em.. just.. trying to look on the bright side."

Gaster

"How'd you get in?" I didn't turn from what I was doing. "magic. we need to talk, doc." I shook my head. "No time. To busy."
"Well make time, this is about the nightmares." I stopped and turned to face Papyrus. "I knew it wouldn't be long. You too, yes?" Papyrus nodded. "Can we stop them? Do you know what they are?" I hummed, rocking a little in my chair. "They are.. a mix of things, created by the human, I believe. A mix of alternate timelines and aus, created through sheer human determination through our very own Frisk. That's the running theory anyways."
"and how do we stop them?" Sans asked. "Stop them? Can't you see? All we are learning, all we are figuring out! Even if we could, why would we?" Sans took a step back. "that's why, old man. you're losing it."
"With you're quest for knowledge, your hurting others without even realizing. Alphys needs work, you know."
"Time, just give me more time and I can figure things out." How couldn't they see? Knowledge is power. Frisk's power is infinite and if we were tapping into it.. I need this power. I can fix ALL the timelines and aus.