13. "I haven't seen them, sorry"

Richard

I was nervous for meeting Elenor for once. I knew I had to end the engagement with her, I was quickly falling for her sister and she clearly had feelings for Tommy. We didn't love each other, neither of us had the balls to stand up to our parents. That had to change.

"Hey." Elenor seemed glum and lost in greeting me at our go to date place, pizza express nearby. "What's up?" I asked immediately and she sighed. "It's hard to explain."

"I know you fooled around with Tommy if that helps." I don't know where this bluntness came from, but I was feeling the need to get over this speed bump. Elenor and I deserved to be happy and Tommy was right, sharing that information did help.

Elenor's eyes widened at my words and I chuckled. "I'm not annoyed. Elenor, I'm starting to fall for Annabeth. We've slept together a couple of times. She knows we don't love each other and I want to be with her."

Elenor scoffed. "You'll be wasting your time. Beth doesn't do relationships."

From Angel : I wish you were here! My parents threatened to ruin Ellie if I don't marry Tommy xxx

Speaking of the devil. I let out a breath at this news and brushed a hand through my hair. Mr and Mrs Wells were surely not making this easy. "What makes you say that, Elenor?" I asked, decided against telling her about the text from her sister

To Angel: We will think of something Angel, we will all talk about it tomorrow. Sneak into my room for cuddles later? Xxx

From Angel : Obviously! It's needed xx

To Angel: Okay, be strong angel I'll wait up xxx

"She's never had one, never seemed interested. She's one night stands and flings more than anything."

"You've not seen her in a year. She may have changed. Either way, I don't want to marry you, Elenor, and I know you don't want to marry me. I'm ending the engagement, once everything is sorted." Elenor's eyes raised at me. I groaned. I had to at least tell her about the new hurdle her parents had thrown our way. "Your parents are trying to get Tommy and Annabeth to get married and on the same day as ours."

Elenor's tongue ran along her teeth. I had never seen this look on Elenor, a devilish smile breaking out with narrow eyes and her laughing harshly. "Of course. You know, I always thought that Annabeth looked out for me but, she left me with our parents , messed me about by saying she wasn't with Tommy, fucks you and yet Tommy loves her, your stupid enough to have feelings for her and now, our wedding isn't just ours."

"I am not marrying you. We are going to make plans when we see Tommy and Annabeth tomorrow. Trust me."

"Fine just, don't trust Annabeth. She'll destroy you."

I laid in bed with my arms wrapped tight around Annabeth's frame, thinking about my night. Something had happened that made Elenor do a one eighty and hate her sister. She didn't realise how much Annabeth did for her. I didn't believe her when Elenor said she'd destroy me, though I knew she definitely had the ability. I chuckled thinking when she called me a dick. Annabeth was just amazing and my feelings towards her showed as me had sex when she got back.

"Go to sleep, stop watching me, weirdo." Annabeth whined at me. I laughed and snuggled down to get comfy. After kissing her shoulder I went to sleep, feeling very content with having her in my arms and bed.

In the morning we realised we hadn't quite thought things through. It was Saturday now and the house was busy with the occupants and guests. Annabeth had to sneak out and she only had her clothes she wore last night. The door knocking woke us up.

"Breakfast ready in ten, Richard." My mum's voice came through the closed door. I could have cursed. "Okay mum." I waited for her footsteps to fade away to curse. "Shit. What are we going to do?" I panicked hopping out of my bed. Annabeth groaned pulling the cover back over her head. "Come on, Angel."

"No. I don't want to face anyone. They know I'm an escort and they want me to marry my friend, holding my sister against me. I just want to run away."

"With me, I hope." I teased getting dressed.

"Uh, duh."

My heart soared. I couldn't stop myself from climbing over Annabeth and kissing her. "One thing at a time, angel." I pecked her nose earning a giggle. "You go, Rick. I'll make my way out. As long as you don't get in shit we're fine."

"Angel."

"It's fine."

I headed out my room, glancing back to see the naked beauty leaving my bed. "Go." She mouthed laughing at me and throwing a pillow in my direction. "Morning." I froze bumping into Mrs Wells of all people on my way out. "Morning."

"Have you seen Elenor or Annabeth? We need to do some dress shopping for Annabeth. She and Thomas are getting married too."

"I haven't seen them. Sorry." She eyed me carefully and then my door. I tried to keep my breathing steady. I was ready to cower when Annabeth stumbled up the stairs . I was one floor up, how did she get there. "Why are you still wearing that dress?"

"I fell asleep in the treehouse."

"You need to stop your drinking. Now get ready. We go after breakfast." I waited for Mrs Wells to be downstairs to look at Annabeth in awe. She laughed. "How did you do that?" I chuckled taking her waist. Her arms moved round my neck. "I'm an expert of sneaking out. Why do you think my room is on the top floor? Now, if you'd excuse me. I've got a day of pure hell to get ready for."

At breakfast I wasn't surprised to see the dining table full, minus a spot for Annabeth and I, thankfully side by side. "Morning, Richard. You sleep well?" My dad asked and I nodded. I had to repress my smile. I slept so well having Annabeth in my arms. "Annabeth, we were just telling everyone how you're an escort." A new lady suddenly blurted as Annabeth sped through the door and into me.

"Not prostitution just to be clear. It's good money though, and it's nice to help others who also have dickhead parents."

Silence surrounded everyone thanks to Annabeth's harsh words, her hand rested on my thigh as we ate. I smiled resting mine on hers. I was going to get any time I could with her.

"Fancy another game of basketball on Monday?" I asked, huskily in her ear. That first match was always going to be moulded in my memory. It lead us to our first time together and I was grateful for that. "You're on." She winked. Only Elenor seemed to be paying attention for us and I had to wonder what was going on with her. I turned my head to Tommy.

"Talk to Elenor, please. Something is going on there." Tommy glanced in her direction to see her glare on Annabeth. "They're out all day. We will tonight. Let's meet at Annabeth's though or my family will have staff spy on us." I agreed. I desperately wanted to kiss Annabeth before she left for the day. She was going to be having a day from hell and I couldn't even support her through it.

"Right girls, let's head off." I felt Annabeth tense by me. "You'll be fine, we'll text and I'll see you tonight. You know I would kiss you if I could." I whispered in her ear. She gave me a small smile and nod. I knew she would have done the same.