𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 • ❝𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈|| ❝𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩❞

>𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐋 𝐔 𝐍 𝐀 • 𝐆 𝐎 𝐌 𝐄 𝐙

The smoke grew nearer and nearer then the smell finally reached the top of my nostrils. The cigarette smoke was overpowering and disgusting.

"Who's there?" I ask with the shakes within my voice, how I'm a officer sometimes I'll never know.

"Luna, how's the mission going?" Jay questions me, why is he here? I take in a deep breath and control the shakes within my body, only to feel nervous with the fact I'm only a few minutes away from possible gang members.

"They're all inside, do you really think it's wise that you're here?" I question and cock up my brow. He flicks the cigarette bud away from him and stamps on the floor with his large black boot, destroying the evidence.

"Don't be scared Luna." He mocks. "Anyway, any evidence yet?"

"Not yet, everytime I try and find something it's almost like they know." I sigh and stay seated at the bench with my hands covering my knees.

"I need that information Luna, your time is running thin." I look at him with disgust.

"Jay, I told you. If you didn't want me to do it at my pace, maybe you should've got someone else to do your dirty work." I stand up and sigh, I begin to walk away but my thoughts pull me back.

"I'll get the evidence when I can." I walk away from Jay leaving him in the pitch-black alleyway.

I continue to walk until I bump into a barrier.

"I'm so sorry, I came to check on you, you were gone for awhile." Sofia's voice is soft and caring, it almost sends doubts through my mind about this whole gang situation.

"I'm fine, I just needed a lot of fresh air." I chuckle and she joins in too.

We make our way back through the restaurant doors and find everyone still talking amongst themselves and joking around.

𝐃 𝐀 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 • 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐒 𝐎

Holding the whiskey glass in my hand didn't feel foreign at all. This was a regular daily routine now. I stare out of the window and witness the lack of stars that try and brighten the dark sky.