𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 • ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐨𝐫 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 || ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐨𝐫 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥❞

> 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐃 𝐀 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 • 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐒 𝐎

I glance across the table and watch as my father, Nicolas stares at his mother, waiting for whatever it is she is about to announce.

"I found this..." My nanna pulls out an envelope with our names written on it, well, Bruno's and mine to be more specific. She takes in a deep breath and then continues, "He's always been on the hunt to discover who killed Maria, who was behind all of it." A tear appears in her eye and we all take in a deep breath and just wait for the news, any news. My grandfather had always wanted to find out who wished bad upon our family.

"Your father couldn't figure out who it was Nico." She begins to cry, dabbing the napkin under her eye to catch every water drop. "B-But, he figured it was someone close to you... But he had a heart attack before he could figure out who it was." She sighs and stares at our reactions.

But they were all hidden, I had no idea what Bruno or my father were thinking underneath their mask, they definitely didn't know how I felt either. Not only do we have a cop to worry about who is also technically a rat, we have another, right under our noses... Yet we just don't know who. I run my fingers over my unshaven chin and glance up to my grandmother.

"For all of your sake, please finish what he had started, you must find out who this rat is...there is more than just one female and one child in the home now, you need to do this for them."

𝐋 𝐔 𝐍 𝐀 • 𝐆 𝐎 𝐌 𝐄 𝐙

I stay put in the position I have been in the past hour, the tears just keep forming and falling from my eyes. I'm curled up into a ball in protection to hide myself away. Putting on a brave face for Alessia was the most awful thing I had to do, luckily I didn't see Sofia this evening so it was easy to tuck my daughter up to bed with no one else around, but the memories of what had happened just keep pestering my mind, hoarding the horror in my brain.

'I know the truth Luna, you can't keep hiding it anymore. Did you come here in hopes it'll all be okay? That everyone would believe you straight away and it would be back to normal?" I keep my eyes pinned onto Justin, my eyes going all blury with the now excess water waiting to escape.

'This can't be true!' I exclaim as quiet as I could without my daughter and Violetta overhearing from down the bottom of the garden.