CHAPTER 9

theshaderoom: Rapper #nickiminaj spotted holding hands in Chanel with producer #beyonce. roomies are they cooking up music or something else? 🤔

My publicist sent me that along with a dozen other articles of people assuming so much just from that one picture.

I checked twitter earlier and they were assuming the worst on there too. They were saying I was fucking her for beats or she was using me for money and other crazy conspiracy theories.

Friends hold hands all the time so I don't understand the big deal.

I couldn't dwell on that for too long because I had to get ready for Diddy's party.

Tae is currently doing my hair and the dress came in earlier today but I didn't get a chance to look at it yet.

I only had two hours before Bey is supposed to come pick me up so I already know I'm going to be late.

By the time Tae finished my hair I only had an hour left. I grabbed the dress from where it was and zipped the bag that it came in open.

It was one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen. I'm going to have to thank her for this when I see her.

(dress is in media. it's not nicki but i love that dress so let's just act like it's her)

I quickly put it on and grabbed my heels but put crocs on instead. I don't want to have to be in heels any longer than i have to, I'll change in the car when we get there.

I was halfway down the stairs when my doorbell rang. Thank God she's always late too.

"Hey, I knew this dress would look good on you." She said with a smile when I opened the door. She was staring at me a little too hard and it was making me blush.

"Thank you. This dress is perfect I love it." I grabbed her hand and locked the door behind me.

BEYONCÉ POV

I got in the limo after helping Nicki in. She was sitting too far so I scooted over a little bit to close the space in between us but she just moved further away.

If she wants to be like that we can definitely be like that.

I moved to the other side of the limo by the window and she started frowning. "Why you all the way over there? I'm musty or something?"

The hell? "You just moved away from me, what are you talking about."

"Okay? I didn't tell you to move all the way over there, I know how you act I don't want you that close to me in this small space."

When she said that I started smirking, "or you don't want to get all hot and bothered with me being that close to you. You should do something about your little crush on me. Or act on it." I winked at the end and she looked away.

I think I might be the one with a little crush.

She sucked her teeth and looked out the window. I know she was doing that for the dramatics because she couldn't see shit out the tinted windows.

"Whatever Beyoncé, stay over there then."

I moved back over to her and put my arm around her shoulder. "Aww Nickipooh wanted some love from Beybey? All you had to do was ask." I said that in a mocking tone and I kissed her forehead and she mushed mine but leaned more into me.

The drive wasn't too long but it definitely wasn't going to be a short one. We were barely halfway there so we had a way to go.

"You want some champagne?" I ask pulling it out the compartment it was in along with a champagne flute. She said yes so I poured her some and handed it to her.