Chapter 33: Explanations

Suddenly, I heard Mia groan, and I knew I wasn't hearing things. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I turned around and saw everyone silently looking over at my girl beside me. C'mon, babygirl... please wake up... I need you... I kept my eyes on Mia, watching and waiting for any movement. It seemed like time stood still, and hours were passing us by before Mia spoke.

"Cambria..." I heard Mia say; her voice sounded very hoarse from lack of use, and I placed my sandwich on the table next to me.

"Babygirl? It's me, Cambria. How do you feel?" I asked Mia, and the moment she opened her eyes, she gave me a quizzical expression. What's happening...?

"Baby, are you okay...? What has happened to make you look so tired and lose weight like this?" My girl asked the second her beautiful brown eyes looked me over. She made sure I was okay before even asking about herself, which instantly caused me to break down in tears.

"Oh, baby... come here," Mia said as she pulled me closer to her and then held me tightly before adding, "I'm okay... I'm right here, my love... Everything's okay now; just let it out."

As I let go, crying in her arms, Mia placed soft kisses on top of my head and rubbed my back as well as never allowing her secure, loving grip around me lessen. Five minutes passed until I could gain the ability to speak again, so I pulled back enough to look into her eyes. She then rested her forehead against mine; my eyes closed at the safe, familiar feeling as I said, "It has been weeks, and you never woke up once... I was so fucking scared that I was g-going to lose you, M-mia..."

"Do you remember when I promised you that no matter what happens to me, nothing will ever deter me from you? I will always keep that promise; I have already, haven't I?" My girl responded; her tone was filled with a tremendous amount of love that caused me to get teary-eyed again, and as soon as our eyes locked, she added, "I love you so much, baby."

"I love you too, and please... don't ever scare me like that again... I c-can't live without you," I replied, and instead of saying anything back to me, she kissed me so passionately and lovingly.

I had no idea how long our kiss lasted, and I didn't care either; we needed this more than anything else in the world right now. When we parted from our kiss, at least thirty seconds later, I heard some slight movement behind me. Then, someone cleared their throat quite dramatically, making me gasp before softly muttering under my breath, "Oh, shit..."

"You completely forgot about our friends and family sitting behind you, huh?" Mia teased, smirking at me, and I blushed furiously while I sheepishly nodded in agreement.

"I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are so glad that you're awake and doing okay, Mia," Ali said to her daughter; she was the first one to speak up from behind me, and I had a feeling that we would be hearing everyone else chime in as well.

"You're an asshole... I missed you so much, and you had me worried, dammit. Don't you ever do that again, or I will-" Brittany started to say, but my girl cut her off.

"Get your ass over here and give me a hug, and I missed you too," Mia replied, smiling at her best friend.

I repositioned myself to the side of her hospital bed so that there was enough room for both of them. I happily watched as they hugged each other and talked some; then, I caught a glimpse of Sara watching our girlfriends as well. I opened my arms for her and said, "Get in here, Buttercup."

My best friend grinned and quickly slammed into me, although it wasn't as hard as it appeared to be. Together, we took turns hugging each other, and then when we were done, it was our parent's turn. One by one, Ali, Blake, Clara, and even Kayla walked over to Mia and hugged her. By this time, Sara, Brittany, and I talked amongst ourselves, even though it mainly consisted of how happy we were that Mia was finally awake.