Epigraph (Please Read)

SUMMARY.

Rebel Smith has spent two years of her life in Sangrea's maximum-security prison. Seven hundred and thirty days of captivity and counting.

King Cyrus had sentenced the assassin and the rest of her guild to rot in the cells as retribution for the lives they had taken.

She supposes it's not that bad, as she has better living conditions than many other prisoners. Then again, many are too scared to share a cell with the former best assassin on the continent. Nonetheless, every Friday, Rebel fights in the prison's pits for a few coins each match and as entertainment for the drunks of the kingdom. And as the reigning champion, she even gets a few extra perks.

But being cooped up in a cell tending to her bloody knuckles wasn't how the former assassin envisioned spending her time.

So, of course, the former assassin thinks it is her day of execution when she gets called down and escorted by guards outside of the prison.

But this isn't the case. The new king, King Salvatore, recruits her for a mission in exchange for her freedom and payment. The only catch?

As a Lycan herself, she has to live with an Alpha and his pack while she trains for the mission. And ultimately go on a mission with him to execute a disobedient lord of the North.

But nothing is ever easy. Rebel suddenly finds herself in the middle of a world of dangerous politics brimming with magic, secrets, and deadly games.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

This story is a fantasy story that incorporates elements of various mythological stories and biblical references. However, you DO NOT have to have knowledge of ANY to read this book.

There will be a glossary of the different types of supernatural creatures and their ranks. There will also be a map and descriptions of the key locations featured in the book. Don't worry about getting confused.

To clarify, this book is set in modern time, but in a different world. There will be references to movies, celebrities, songs, etc. from our actual world. There's a portal that separates our world from the world that this story takes place in.

It probably sounds confusing, but trust me it won't be.

I plan on making a series of books with the characters from this universe. A CROWN OF DIAMONDS AND DEATH will be the first book belonging to the series.

I love to write. However, I'm also a student, and I also have other obligations. I will try to post weekly but don't expect updates for this book every week as I'm also working on PENTHOUSE 521.

THEME.

"She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into a fire and smiles."

•••

"I have spent centuries overseeing time and protecting the innocent. Yet, all that time I've spent cold, but when we met, that all changed. And I learned what it means to feel hopeful again, Rebel."

•••

THE ASSASSIN AND THE WARRIOR

DEDICATION.

to M.

who helped me find hope in the darkest moments.

thank you.

CONTENT WARNINGS.

THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE. THE ROMANTIC INTEREST IS ANTI-HERO OF SORTS WITH GREY MORALS. HE IS LOVABLE, BUT PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU DON'T LIKE DARKER THEMES.

SWEARING

VIOLENCE

HIGH STAKES SITUATIONS

EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT INCLUDING KINKS

QUESTIONABLE ACTIONS

MATURE THEMES

BODY DYSMORPHIA

DEPRESSION

PTSD

DRUG USE

DRINKING

USE OF GUNS AND OTHER WEAPONRY

GRIM AND GORY DEPICTIONS OF DEATH AND WAR

EMOTIONAL SCENES

PLOT 
TWISTS

KIDNAPPING

AN ABUSIVE AND MANIPULATIVE CHARACTER

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT.

Copyright ©️ 2023 by lethaliity.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any forms or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic methods or mechanical methods without the prior written permission of the publisher(s), except in case of brief quotation and paraphrasing for critical reviews and other noncommercial uses permitted by law.

without further ado,
enjoy the word porn! ;)

much love,
nikki