three

Keira sat in the cafeteria cramming for her exam she has next class. As much as she tried concentrating, her mind always drifted off to the boy from yesterday. He was so mysterious, she hoped to see him later today.

"Good morning, friend!" Denise, Keira's friend from her accounting class cheered, "I got you a bacon egg and cheese and an orange juice."

"Aw, you're so thoughtful, friend!" Keira cooed moving her book bag from the seat beside her so Denise can sit.

"I know how much you like that nasty ass cafeteria breakfast, I don't know why though," Denise chuckled taking a seat.

Keira laughed too, "Did you study?"

"Girl, you know I never do!"

"I don't be understanding shit that professor be saying," Keira sighed closing her book.

There were ten minutes left until class started.

"That nigga be putting my ass to sleep, I take his exams with hope and a prayer."

Keira busted out laughing putting her books away, "You're annoying."

"My last class got canceled, so I can take you home today."

"Yes girl, thank you!" Keira sighed in relief but paused, "You're being extremely nice today, you got some dick?"

Denise rolled her eyes laughing, "Girl, you want a ride home or not? Now let's take this damn exam already, I'm prepared to fail that shit."

•••

"Can you heat this up for me?" Denise asked picking up a honey bun and batting her eyelashes.

Keira sighed over exaggeratedly, "Girl, I invited you to stay to keep me company, not give me extra work to do,"

She took the honeybun anyway, putting it in the microwave for thirty seconds.

"Thank you, babe. Your store is so cute, I feel like them white people in them movies who be going to coffee shops to do work on their laptops and shit," Denise said, handing Keira a dollar and began walking around.

Keira laughed, taking the honey bun from out the microwave, "You watch too many damn movies

Keira laughed, taking the honey bun from out the microwave, "You watch too many damn movies."

Keira handed Denise the honeybun with napkins as Denise sat back in her seat with her school work spread out all over the table. It was going on eight o'clock and the two spent hours studying and teaching themselves the basics of accounting.

It was kind of hard to study and tend to customers at the same time, but she made it work.

"So, assets equals liabilities plus owners equity," Denise read aloud from her textbook. "Assets must equal the sum of liabilities and owner's equity. Liabilities appear before owner's equity in the basic accounting equation because they are paid first if a business is liquidated."