V

"KENMA GET READY TO JUMP!" y/n exclaimed as this was their third time riding on the ski lift

"KENMA GET READY TO JUMP!" y/n exclaimed as this was their third time riding on the ski lift. the other times kenma flaked out and got too scared to jump off.

"like now?!"

"yes!" y/n laughed as she jumped off. she then realized that the fake blond wasn't beside her and grabbed his hand pulling him off.

kenma slipped and fell face first into the snow making her laugh.

"thanks y/n." kenma glared as he stood up and brushed off his clothes. he looked over at y/n with a red, cold, and unamused face.

"i'm so sorry ken ken, forgive me?" she asked in a teasing manner as they began to walk side by side, making the boy roll his eyes.

once they arrived at the slope, they were both surprised to see marcus already there...and with an entourage at that.

"how did he get here so fast if we left before him?" kenma questioned as he adjusted his beanie.

"maybe it's because we had to ride the lift six hundred times." y/n said as she looked over at kenma.

"not even." he scoffed making her chuckle.

suddenly marcus' eyes fell on the duo, making a small smirk appear on his lips. pushing through the small group of girls, he made his way over to them as their eyes followed.

"thanks for finally showing up. thought you might have flaked on me." he leaned down to meet her eyes. "that would have meant an automatic loss." he smiled as y/n rolled her eyes.

"whatever i'm here. let's just get it over with."

the two teens that were now fully strapped to their boards looked at each other. one held a look of annoyance in their eyes and the other's was more playful.

"alright!" a blonde girl with curly hair said with excitement. "on your mark,"

she raised her pink scarf in the air,

"get set..."

"GO!"

with the fall of her scarf both of the snowboarders were off.

with knees bent and a small smile, y/n flew through the snow. the feeling of the harsh, cold air stung her face as she weaved through the trees.

snow boarding always brought a smile to her face, and one sure was prominent then. but her moment of euphoria was cut short when she heard muffled laughter.

y/n turned to the side to see marcus trailing right beside her. a smirk was evident on his face as he tried to pass the h/c haired girl.

but y/n wouldn't have it. she bent her knees just a little more helping her speed boost causing her to put some distance between her and marcus. a look of pride graces her features as she did.

'the finish line it right there-'

her thoughts were cut off as marcus entered her peripheral vision once more. with little teetering between the two they got closer and closer to the finish line....

and-

...it was a tie, for the sixth year in a row.

with a frustrated sigh, both of the teens fell backwards into the snow as people around them cheered.

"another tie huh?" marcus chuckled, "guess we'll have to try again next year." he said as he smiled over at y/n who rolled her eyes.

"yeah whatever i guess." she muttered with furrowed eyebrows making marcus' smile grow as he laughed.

"another great race. you're the highlight of my year y/n." marcus said as he stood up, really highlighting his flirty personality.

"why didn't you tell me to wait at the bottom of the mountain?" kenma asked in an irritated tone as he kicked y/n's side, grabbing her attention, "i had to ride the lift down here."

"don't have a cow, kenma." y/n said with a grunt as she stood up. "sorry i didn't wanna ride the lift by myself. now let's get back to the hotel, i'm freezing."