XIII

"I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A HOUSE ON TOP OF THE STORE

"I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A HOUSE ON TOP OF THE STORE." kuroo said, breaking the silence, as he sat between y/n and kenma. the black haired boy could fell the tension in the room and it was suffocating.

"yeah? why do you think i'm here so often...you've met my parents." y/n said as she shifted on the couch.

"..."

"...yeah i think i'm gonna go-i have aaaaaaa SCIENCE, yeah science project! i'll see you guys at school-" kuroo was cut of by the feeling of kenma pulling on his clothes. the black haired boy shook his head vigorously as he sat up and left.

so now it was just kenma and y/n...

"why didn't you call me?" y/n asked bluntly, breaking the deafening silence. kenma's gaze finally left his lap and met y/n's. "that's fucking rude."

"..." the fake blond kept quiet as she gave him a slightly irritated look.

"you usually give people your contact information if you like them or wanna hang out with them more." y/n groaned as she folded her arms over her chest a faced the entertainment center.

"i'm...sorry. i didn't know you liked hanging out with me-"

"are you serious? i literally kissed you for the new year. that kiss normally goes to my parents you airhead." y/n said with a light laugh.

"i'm sorry! i was nervous to come see you..." kenma admitted as a light blush painted his cheeks and his heart started beating faster.

"cause you got a thing for me right?" y/n asked as she glanced over at kenma with a small smirk on her face.

"no-"

"it's okay to have crushes. you're not to bad yourself ken ken." y/n teased as kenma lifted his head to glare at y/n.

"stop calling me that." he huffed.

y/n crawled over on the couch and got close to kenma's face. their noses were almost touching causing his blush to reappear and smile to form on her face. "or what? ken ken?"

"..."

"that's what it thought." y/n said as she slumped back into the couch.

"..."

"..."

"...so you go to nekoma?"

"yeah, but i've never seen you...i would have noticed." the h/c haired girl sighed.

"same...what club are you in?"

"av club, now can we cut the small talk god. you're killing me." y/n said as she stood up from the couch. "let's go somewhere, there's this cool arcade a few blocks down." she said as she slung her sherpa lined jacket over her shoulders.

the two teens walked down the snowy streets and finally arrived at the arcade. the bright neon lights shone brightly as they walked in. the smell of pizza filled their noses.

"have you ever played narc?" y/n asked as she let the coins fall into her styrofoam cup.

"yeah, i have the high score at the arcade by my house." kenma cooly boasted as he fiddled with the insides of his pockets.

"that's cool, i got the high score at this one." y/n smirked as she stood up.

"you're picking a fight that you won't win." kenma said as he shook around his cup of coins.

"okay...loser buys the winner a milkshake?"

"fine. my favorite is strawberry." a rare smirk fell on kenma's face as he walked beside y/n to the game.

"mine is (f/f) and i like cherries on top."

"will you guys hurry up?!" some kid exclaimed. y/n and kenma had been at the game for the past hour as kept tying or insisting on rematches.

"shut the hell up." kenma said in his monotonous voice, his eyes never leaving the game screen.

"you can't talk to my son like that!" the random kids mom exclaimed in an angry tone.

"yeah he can keep it pushin lady." y/n said as her finger rapidly pushed on the button. "SHIT! NO NO NO NO! GOD DAMN IT!" y/n exclaimed as she let her head fall onto the game as kenma let out quiet laughs.

"so do you wanna play more games or buy my milkshake now?"

"if it wasn't for that stupid kid and his mom i would have won!-wipe that smile off your face kenma!" y/n exclaimed with furrowed eyebrows.

"okay okay, how about we buy each other milkshakes? yours for avoiding you, mine for kicking your ass in this game." kenma suggested.

"...deal."