II

KENMA'S NOSE AND CHEEKS WERE RED AS HE STOOD OUTSIDE HIS CAR

KENMA'S NOSE AND CHEEKS WERE RED AS HE STOOD OUTSIDE HIS CAR. the kozume family had just arrived at the ski resort, and his dad was unloading their things.

while kenma was shivering his mom brought her arms around him, pulling him into a warm hug. "honeyy can you hurry up please! me and ken ken are cold." she said through chattering teeth.

his dad harshly closed the trunk. "i'm going as fast as i can." he said with a forced smile that his wife mistook for a real one.

kenma sighed as he looked over his mom's shoulder ...to see a girl. a pretty cute one at that.

her h/c hair was tucked under a beanie, while her red flannel was covered by her denim, sherpa lined jacket.

she turned her head away from her walkman to see kenma look at her. their eyes met, and a small smile crept onto her face as she saw the boy getting coddled by his mom. a laugh escaped her lips before she started walking away.

at first kenma was confused on what was funny about him...until he realized he was wrapped up in his mom's arms. he abruptly pulled away from her and threw his head back in annoyance as he started walking into the resort.

___

"aww how sweet~" his mom cooed as she watched her son, fast asleep, in his hotel bed.

"he's just faking." her husband grunted as he slipped his coat on over his shoulders. "he's just trying to get out of going in the snow-"

"honey! stop!" his mom exclaimed as she prevented her husband from yanking the covers off of kenma. "we're here for a week, he'll have plenty of time to ski."

with a few disgruntle murmurs and the sound of the door locking, his parents were gone. kenma shot up from underneath the covers. he jumped out of the bed in a black crewneck and jeans.

he went over to his backpack and pulled out his game boy, then slipped his hotel room key in his pocket before leaving the room.

the smell of firewood burning, filled kenma's nose as he rode down the elevator to the main floor. he stepped out the lift and made his way towards the lodge restaurant. as he did, he stopped in his tracks when he saw her again.

she sat at a table by herself with her orange padded headphones over her ears, as she sipped on her hot chocolate.

"are you just gonna stare at me or come sit down?" the h/c haired girl scoffed as she kept her back turned to kenma.

"oh? uh-sorry." he muttered as he went at sat across from the girl.

"oh...i didn't think you actually gonna sit down." she said as she took off her headphones. "but cool, i guess."

"..."

"..."

"wanna go get drunk?" she asked while she messed with her walkman, breaking the silence.

kenma looked over at her with slightly furrowed eyebrows before he decided on an answer.

"sure."

___

the two teens sat in the back of a truck. their legs hung out the side as they gripped beer bottles in their hands.

their eyes were set on the horizon in front of them as they watched the sun set. hues of yellow, orange and pink painted the sky, making the sky look like a painting.

the girl's e/c eyes drifted from the sky and over at the fake blond. kenma felt her stare so her turned to look over at her. "...what?"

"you got a name?"

kenma's eyes widened slightly as he came to a realization.

'i just ran off with this girl, at night, and i don't even know her name. oh my god.'

"kenma kozume, but everyone just calls me kenma."he answered earning a hum from the mystery girl. "...what about you?"

"i'm y/n, y/n l/n." she said as she took a sip from her bottle. "you can call me y/n though." a small smile fell on her lips as she turned back to the now fading sunset.

"cool." kenma said as he looked forward, but only to be met with blinding headlights. both of them squinted their eyes as the car got closer and closer.

suddenly the lights flickered off and a woman with brown curly hair jumped out of the passenger seat.

"ken ken?! we've been searching for you for an hour!"