XI

IT WAS FINALLY NEW YEAR'S EVE

IT WAS FINALLY NEW YEAR'S EVE. since kenma was hotel grounded, his parents went off to visits some nearby family without him. leaving their son to waste away in the hotel room while watching reruns of the a team.

the teenage boy tapped his finger along to the theme song on the side of the remote as he sat in the bed. though he was pulled away from this by the sound of the phone ringing.

"hello?" kenma answered as he turned down the tv a little bit.

"hey kenma, are your parents there?" y/n asked.

"no they left. they're going over to see some of our family until eleven. my mom said they'll come back for the countdown so i don't bring in the new year alone." kenma rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"hmm so that gives us...nine hours to screw around." y/n said as she looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand. "i'll be over in less than five minutes-"

"i'm locked in remember?" kenma said in an irritated tone.

"i have my ways...i'll be there in a bit, bye." y/n quickly hung up the phone and made her way out of her room and to the elevator.

and just as she said, y/n was knocking on kenma's door in only four minutes. but since kenma was locked in, she pulled out a key she snagged and unlocked the door herself.

small smiles fell on both of their faces after not seeing each other in person for almost two days. y/n walked over and gave kenma a hug, making him tense up in her grasp. the boy wasn't used to hugs from girls (other than his mom), especially ones he was fond of.

"i missed seeing you in person." y/n said as she pulled away and looked at him. "your piercing looks better."

"oh yeah, it stopped bleeding and it's not infected so that's good." kenma nodded making y/n smile. "how did you get a key? there's only one key per room."

"...i know people..."

"..."

"..."

"um okay." kenma shrugged as y/n came and sat down on his bed.

"the a team?" y/n questioned as she looked at the tv, "me and my dad used to watch this all the time, sucks that it needed though."

"yeah, me and my friend used to watch it all the time in elementary and middle school every night." kenma said as he sat down beside y/n.

"cool, so now we have to get all our new year stuff done before your parents come back." the h/c haired girl said as she grabbed kenma's shoulders and made him look at her.

"like what?" he questioned.

"we have to make letters to our future selves, exchange information for when you leave, hang out before you leave, and watch charlie brown with my parents." y/n explained.