XII

"YOU BETTER CALL ME

"YOU BETTER CALL ME." y/n said with a smile as she playful shoved kenma's shoulder, making a small smile appear on his face. the new duo stood outside of the resort as kenma's parents started packing up their car.

"i will, i swear or whatever."

"i'll keep you to it. i'll see you later kenma." y/n gave him a final smile as she shook his shoulder and left.

ONE MONTH LATER AND SOME DAYS LATER

kenma let out a long and annoyed breath as he made his way across the street and to his friend, kuroo's house. with only a few knocks to the door, the taller black haired boy answered the door.

"hey kenma, i thought you weren't coming over till later?" kuroo questioned as he watched the fake blond step into his house:

"i need your help with something." kenma sighed as he sat on the couch. "you remember that girl i told you about?" he asked as kuroo sat down beside him.

"the one from your vacation?" kuroo asked making kenma nod.

"she gave me her number and told me to call her but..."

"but???"

"...i didn't...i didn't call her."

"...WHAT?! a hot girl, who you just met, basically made out with you on new year, AND gave you her number AND YOU DIDN'T CALL HER IN OVER A MONTH???" kuroo exclaimed as his jaw practically hit the ground.

"i know." kenma groaned as he threw his head back. "that's why i want you to drive me to her house."

"is this why you've been so nice to me lately?"

"maybe."

kenma sat in the passenger seat of kuroo's mazda MX-5 as run d.m.c. played through the speakers. he watched as they drove through the city, when suddenly something clicked.

"how do you know how to get to her house so easily?" kenma questioned as he looked over at kuroo.

"i don't, but the address she gave is wrong. it's a record store so i just assumed it was around here. but after driving past it so many times i'm gonna say no." kuroo explained.

kenma sighed as he sunk back into his seat.

"but since we're over here i wanna go see if they have this tape i've been waiting for." kuroo said with a smile as he parked the car and got out along with kenma.

a small bell rang at the opening of the door. inside the store the walls were decorated with vinyls as music played through large speakers that hung off the walls. the floor was covered in aisles and aisle of music that one could get lost in for hours.

"hey welcome to blast records." an invisible voice greeted. "we still have 90% off our clearance section for the new year, and i'll be with you in a second if you got questions." her voice was mixed with the sound of shuffling cardboard.

with his signature smirk, kuroo made his way over to the counter and looked down at the girl on the other side. "wassup~"

"hey kuroo."

"do you have-"

"no i don't have the beastie boys tape. i don't understand why you like that wack ass music anyways." she cut him off with a short laugh.

"come on y/n, you gotta like at least some of their music." the familiar name caught kenma off guard making him freeze in place.

"fine, i'll give 'em brass monkey." she sighed, "but you should listen to other people like ll cool j. i'll even give you a discount." y/n said as she stood up from the floor but what she saw made her eyebrows furrow.

"is there someone with you..?" y/n asked as she saw a smaller figure behind kuroo making him look over his shoulder to see kenma hiding behind him.

"oh yeah! this is my friend kenma. we were looking for where his little girlfriend lives, but we think he got the wrong address." kuroo said as she stepped to the side revealing kenma who had his head down with a sigh.

"oh no, it's right, i hope i'd know my address by now." y/n said as she looked over at kenma with her arms crossed over her chest.

"...YOU'RE THE GIRL?!"