Chapter 15: Live To Sienna Pt.15

“You’re saying that this marriage announcement was doomed from the start?”

Kelly answered Sienna’s question with a nod and said, “Yes. It’s like it’s a marriage announcement that’s made for being denied. I think the empress has someone else in mind she wants for the bride.”

“What does that mean?”

“Cough, cough!”

Kelly coughed a few dry coughs as if talking too much was hard for her. Sienna gave her some water and apologized, “I made you speak too much.”

Kelly, who quenched her thirst, shook her head and said, “No. This one’s cough doesn’t differentiate between day and night. What did you ask me just before that?”

“I was wondering how you can be so that the Imperial Family already has someone else they want in mind.”

Kelly took another sip of water and explained to Sienna, “According to the circumstances, you are allowed to refuse a marriage proposal from a royal.”

Sienna nodded. That was how she was going to refuse to marry Carl.

“But you can only refuse up to your second marriage. A third marriage proposal can never be rejected because if you are rejected three times, you’ll lose your prestige as a royal. If yours is the third refusal to marrying a royal, the family will face the same punishment as contempt of law and treason from the imperial court.”

“Such…”

Sienna bit her lower lip. Her simple plan of simply refusing to marry Carl had gone up in smoke.

“The fact that his name has been announced in a marriage proposal that is sure to be rejected means that he will have no choice but to accept the third marriage partner. It was made so that he wouldn’t be able to refuse.”

Sienna now knew why Arya was trying to marry her and Carl off. The Waters were higher in rank than Bluebell’s Fair White because the Fair Whites were spies. That would give legitimacy to pushing for a breakup between Bluebell and Carl and pushing for a new marriage.

Moreover, since the Waters family was located at the end of the North, they had no political influence in the capital. It was obvious that Arya had judged that only the country Sienna grew up in the North could come to her aid.

The truth was that Arya was right. Sienna had been played by her with such ease that she had even helped her start the coup.

‘Arya!’

Sienna gritted her teeth. She had planned to stop Arya’s coup by simply refusing to marry Carl, but she couldn’t do that now.

It felt as though her blood was rising to her head all at once. While the complacency of trying to stop Arya’s plan without facing Arya was lamentable, anger for the serpent-like Arya, who had been orchestrating things meticulously, overcame her.

It was no longer something that could be avoided. To deal with Arya, she would have to learn how to use poisons.

‘You’ll regret it! Stay under the illusion that you’ve got a piece of country in your grasp. You’ll soon come to find out what a big misunderstanding that was.’

Sienna gritted her teeth and vowed vengeance. One way or another, she had to stop Arya from starting the coup she dreamed of.

Knock, knock!

Jane, who came in after knocking, informed Sienna that priest Roy had come to visit her at the mansion. Sienna forced the raging anger out of her mind.