Chapter 17: Live To Sienna Pt.17

“As you may already know, I run a small business called The Green Corporation.”

Sienna remembered what The Green Corporation was like. The Green Corporation was by no means a small business association. That business community was to become more widely known as The Dark Society than The Green Corporation in a few years.

The Dark Merchants was the group that had won the battle between the bosses, which would take place two years from then, and had taken control of much of the market. Named for having both information and financial power, the identity of the owner of the association was shrouded in secrecy.

Although the topic of the Society’s control of associations was on many peoples’ minds at the time, there was no further information released about the traders. Therefore, rather than being called The Green Corporation, the business’ name changed to The Dark Society.

“I want you to succeed me as the owner of The Green Corporation.”

“What?!”

Sienna had no choice but to ask again. What Kelly was doing was essentially appointing Sienna as owner of The Green Business, and what would become The Dark Society.

“As you know, I lost my husband early and I have no children either, so I have no one to pass the business on to. So, I’d very much like for you to take it over.”

“No! I can’t do that,” Sienna flatly refused.

“I know what you’re worried about, but don’t worry. Jane is competent and will help you well.”

“Yes, miss Sienna. I’ll take care of you by your side.”

Sienna shook her head vigorously at their statements.

In the past, Kelly had died shortly after Sienna had gone to her debutante banquet. Then, Jane’s great contributions to the future fame of The Dark Merchants came to be. She couldn’t just take Jane’s place as the real master of the business.

Moreover, Sienna was soon to be chosen by the Imperial Palace and married off. She couldn’t be the master of the business.

She had a job to do. She had to take revenge on Queen Arya. Arya had to be stopped from wielding her blade against the many innocent people she had killed before.

“That’s not it. I know you’re trying to repay me, but I don’t think this is the way to go about it. I don’t know anything about The Green Corporation, and I’m a complete stranger to the people of the business. If you take me as your successor, I’m sure you’ll get some complaints.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. You just have to study the running of the firm step by step…”

“This is too important to have me do it with just cursory knowledge.”

Kelly nodded at Sienna’s words and said, “That’s right I guess.”

“I don’t want to take over The Green Corporation. There is something else that I must do.”

Kelly smiled at Sienna’s words and nodded. It seemed to her that she had already known that Sienna would refuse.

‘Despite proposing this to me, it must’ve been done with the intent to pass the position on naturally to Jane.”

“What about Jane? I don’t think anyone is as qualified for the position as Jane.”

“No, miss Sienna! How can I possibly…”

As she jumped up in protest, Sienna shook her head and said, “No. From the standpoint of the staff, you’re better than me, Jane. I’ve come to grasp my aunt’s knowledge of your skills and how much she relies on you.”