(Chapter six) a different side

It was about 4am in the morning and I was sitting on the couch by the fire place, thinking about how everything is back in the real world.

Until I saw Kai was waking up, I was in the same room as he was, tied to the chair, by the fire place.

I walked up to him and untied him and let him get out of his chair, I mean what's he gonna do now? Can't be anything too harmful.

"Kai it's four in the morning go back to sleep" I rolled my eyes at his blank expression, seeing as he just woke up.

"My hand, it stings from when I fell. It should of healed by now." He looked at the palm of his hand and then back at me again.

It was strange, the cut wasn't that deep and it was supposed to be healed by now I was gonna tell him it's nothing but the sight of his blood caught my attention again.

"Kai you're.. you're bleeding." I stated, looking away and taking a deep breath.

He looked at me, but this time there was no sarcastic comment, what he did next actually kind of surprised me.

"Hey, go for it." He brought his hand closer to me, something was telling me he wasn't joking. "What?" I reacted, "go for it, really." He brought his hand closer.

I looked at him, taking his hand by his fingers and his wrist, he gave me the look of approval and I felt the veins come back on to my face, and my fangs come out.

I slowly brought myself and his hand closer to my mouth, digging my teeth in. Good thing was that I knew how much to have so that it wouldn't hurt him.

He didn't really flinch instead, he pulled me closer and stoked my hair. I could hear the the blood slurping into my mouth every sip I took.

It felt so good because I hadn't fed from an actual person in so long, and his blood was, well it was good. I liked it.

I stopped before he lost too much blood, pulled my teeth out of his skin and looked back at him. It was quiet, but not awkward.

He scoffed, "vampire face. hot."

With his thumb, he wiped across my mouth, removing the blood of my face. "So.. how do you feel?" He asked, smiling.

"I feel great. As usual" I smiled back. I felt refreshed after that.

"You know, you can go for the neck next time, just say the word, and it's yours." Kai did his usual smirk and wink. "Oh really? I'll keep that in mind" I said sarcastically.

He leaned in closer to my face wiping the last bit of blood off with his thumb, but he stayed leaned in. For a moment, I sort of leaned in but when I realised I pulled myself back.

"We better go back to sleep it's like, 4:30 in the morning or something." I awkwardly chuckled getting up from the couch in front of the fire place.

He smirked "okay, goodnight Nia." I nodded as I left and headed upstairs to go to sleep.

I don't really know what happened tonight but I was too tired to think too much about it. I tried to go to sleep but I just kept tossing and turning.

That was until my door opened and a familiar face showed up. "Kai? What are you doing up here?" He had came inside my room for some reason.

"Can't sleep" He walked over to my bed and sat down. "Well I'm tired so can we just talk tomorrow?" I said to him but knew he was gonna refuse to leave.

So I sat up next to him, hearing him out about whatever he came to talk about.

"Sooo, How'd my blood taste?" He winked. Of course he was still gonna talk about that. "Like blood, Kai"
I answered, "oh come on, you know it tasted better."

And he wasn't lying, it did, "okay sure if that's what you wanna here" I chuckled and we talked for a bit, he told me more about his childhood, it wasn't very bright.

I started to yawn a lot and he noticed, "you're tired? It's like 5:30 in the morning." He joked and I laughed.

"You're good to talk to Nia." He moved the hair out of my face and put it behind my ear, all of a sudden he's just been showing this side of him that's, soft?

"Yeah, you too" I smiled, and there he did that thing again, he leaned in which made me lean in again. He stroked my lips with his thumb.

I don't know what was going on but it couldn't go further to what I think was gonna happen.

I mean we did spend weeks together but it doesn't take away everything that he's done. Except in that moment I wasn't thinking about that.

We kept getting closer and closer until I almost felt his lips on mine. "We shouldn-" I was saying but his voice came on top of mine.

"That's a shame, I wanted to feel how soft your lips were on mine, but we shouldn't, right?" He winked and I rolled my eyes jokingly, without an actual reply.

"Goodnight Nia, see you in the morning." He smirked before closing the door behind him. What on earth just happened.

I guess that's what happens when you have all that built up tension with someone.