(Chapter seven) Adding it up

"Good morning friends!" Kai walked out of the room and walked over to the living room where me, Damon and Bonnie were sitting at the dinner table.

Damon was making pancakes and put my plate in front of me "Eat up, big day today." He raised his eyebrows.

He made enough for everyone, even Kai. We were all eating but Kai and I kept looking at each other in between, I saw him give me smirk and look back down. I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm gonna go shower, try not to kill each other." I joked before leaving the table and heading upstairs to shower.

I got up and started to run the water and get in the shower. If felt refreshing, nice and warm.

I spent a bit in there before getting out, I had my clothes in the bathroom and I stepped out, grabbing my towel and putting my clothes on.

When I got out of the bathroom to put deodorant on before putting my shirt on, I had a surprise sitting on the bed.

It was Kai. So if you can't tell, the surprise was sarcastic.

"Kai! Get out." I said seriously while pulling down the other half of my shirt. He smirked and waved his hands in the air "woah woah chill out" He chuckled.

"What do you want?" "Hey I don't think you're fully dried" He gestured towards my wet hair. "But, you do look hot with wet hair." He winked and I just rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Are we seriously not gonna talk about last night?" He smiled, liked usual. But there wasn't much to talk about, I mean, I drank his blood so what?

"What's there to talk about?" "Well did like sort of suck your teeth into my skin and suck out my blood.. although it did feel really good."

"Good? You're crazy" I laughed "Yeah, and you looked so good with my blood on your face." He smirked. "Okay Kai, just get to the point."

I realised that he's really flirty, it's apart of his sense of humour which is just really funny and entertaining.
_____________

We both went downstairs and saw Damon and Bonnie, according to Kai's plan, we should be getting out of here today, with the ascendant and the eclipse.

"Come on guys, long day ahead" Kai smiled and sighed a bit suspiciously.

We all walked outside, I walked with Damon and Bonnie and Kai was walking with the ascendant facing the sky doing some sort of area finding thingy.

And there it was. The newspaper, I don't know how it got there on the grass.

But there it was. Bonnie picked it up and saw what the same thing that made me shocked when I read it.

It was the newspaper about Kai. "Guys look, family massacred in Portland. Only one that survived was Malachai Parker." Bonnie read it out to me and Damon.

"Who names a kid Malachai? It's like they expected me to be evil." Kai turned around and smiled. Of course he did.

"Oh come on, I spared one of them, I had a soft spot for one of my sisters, Josette. I only took out her spleen.

We all looked at each other shocked. "What? You can survive without a spleen" Kai mocked.

"Wait- Hold on did you say Josette? As it Josette Parker?" I asked because the photo was so familiar, Jo is one of our best friends.

"Yeah, Jo. My twin." They're twins? When Kai told mw about his coven and how he had to merge with his twin to be the leader.. he was talking about Jo.

"We can't let him get out of here." Bonnie stated before dropping the newspaper and walking away, leaving me and Damon stuck figuring out a way.

We decided to go back inside, Kai followed. It was quiet.

Damon went to check on Bonnie upstairs, me and Kai still downstairs. It was still quiet, until I vamp sped Kai to the wall, pinning him.

"What the hell?" You weren't gonna tell me that Jo is your twin? And that you're literally planning to get her killed?" I exclaimed, still having him pinned.

"Nia, I have to be leader of my coven, and nothing is going to get in my way." He leaned in closer and whispered near my face.

I scoffed, "Oh I don't think so. You won't go near Jo, because if you do, I will end you."

My vampire face revealed it self, "Understood?" I smiled sarcastically while I ran the knife I had beside him against his face, softly, not actually digging it in his face.

"You know, that's hot. You're hot when you're mad, scary, but hot. He whispered next to my lips, I felt his minty breath against my skin.

"I'm not kidding Kai."
"Yeah Nia, I know, and yes, I understand." He said as a reply to my question. Looking some what serious.