Chap 8

Uhhhhhhh......

Sorry for not posting O-O

I promise I didn't forget about you guys, so here it is. YAAAAAY

Sorry it's not that long, I don't think the next one will be either so that should be way faster than what this was....

Oops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The quiet clatter of plates and the smell of Chai tea wafted through the air, ever since last night's events the whole group really needed rest. Tension was high in the room as Korra was scarfing down whatever meal Pema had made her that morning, everyone was huddled around the table and a still sleepy (Y/N) leaned on her lover's shoulder as questions were thrown around.

A sudden clack of the bowl Korra slammed on the table startled the nonbender causing her to jolt up from the unexpected noise, with a happy sigh Korra looked to the group saying "Mmm. Mmm. The food tastes amazing, Pema. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again." The woman quietly took her plate to wash, thanking her as she walked off, Asami taking her leave to help as well. (Y/N) watched her walk away just wondering to herself, She'd been through a lot with her boyfriend Mako. He has been a bit of a douche lately.

(Y/N) yawned quietly to herself as Korra began to be questioned by both Tenzin and Lin in which (Y/N) had to listen to, her brain would always switch on and off into detective mode picking up small things from seemingly harmless conversations. What had been revealed was that Tarrlok was Yakkone's son, (Y/N) mother had told her about that case and how he was able to bloodbend with his mind. What also surprised everyone was how she escaped, Amon had shown up out of nowhere and captured Tarrlok and almost captured Korra in the process. (Y/N) hummed with curiosity as she asked the young Avatar "That's strange, how did he know you were there, you said the place was very secluded right?" A gentle nod came from her as (Y/N)'s face contorted into one of interest.

A gentle nudge from the Earthbender beside her made her grin as she said "I promise I won't Stay up too late trying to figure it out". Lin sighed, crossing her arms over her armoured body looking back towards Korra "You better." This was going to be a fun puzzle to solve. Tenzin, sounding almost given up, muttered "This is very disturbing news. Amon is becoming emboldened. Taking out a councilman, almost capturing the Avatar ... I fear Amon is entering his endgame." A brief moment of silence was given at that statement, their worst fears had almost come to fruition and now all they could do is try and figure out a way to stop him before he's finished.

Breakfast had ended and (Y/N) suggested the two go for a little walk in the courtyard, after everything that had happened the previous day it was nice just to relax with each other. They made small conversation, joking, laughing and having a good time, until a set of footsteps was heard behind them. (Y/N) tilted her head back to see the Arrow head air bender himself, he looked slightly panicked so (Y/N) nudged Lin telling her "I think someone wants to talk to us." A small humm made her look towards Tenzin who stood there awkwardly and said "Lin, (Y/N), um, I, I- I need to ask you a favor. It would mean the world to me ... but I-I know it could be a- a potentially awkward situation; furthermore,-" The impatience was written all over Lin's face as she spat out "Spit it out already!".

He took one deep breath and all in one fast sentence said "Will you stay here and watch over Pema and the children while I meet with the council? With everything that has happened lately, I want to be sure my family is in safe hands." (Y/N) looked confused for a brief moment, that was until she processed the question and let out a gentle smile before looking at Lin, who already had her answer. She lightly put her hand on Tanzin's shoulder before telling him "anything for an old friend", (Y/N) grinned and said "You owe us one Arrow Head, I'm in a surprisingly good mood today so I'm in ''. A small sigh of relief passed his lips and he seemingly relaxed.