Insecurity

CALIFORNIA COAST

December 4, 11:24 PST

"I'm fine, CA; I am." Stellar grumbled for the fifth time, flying after the villain Major Force, who had just gotten done robbing a bank and had literal bills falling out of the duffel bags he carried.

And not only had he robbed the bank, but he also robbed it in broad daylight as if someone wouldn't report it.

Of course, that made her job more manageable, but at this point, Stellar's convinced that most villains don't have brains.

"I know that CB, you've said it five times, but I'm pretty sure somebody that just found out their friend betrayed them and is actually an evil flying bird-man with a sword that's able to kill them isn't fine."

Stellar frowned and discreetly looked away.

Of course, he was right, but it's easier for her not to think about it. Bottled-up feelings be damned.

She shook her head and looked ahead at the flying villain steadily gaining distance away from them.

"Look! He's getting away!"

She used it as an excuse to gain a bit of speed away from her mentor, though she was still in range to hear his sigh over the wind, no super-hearing needed.

Instead, she focused her growing emotion on Major Force, "Give it a rest, Major Force! You're not getting away with that cash! But if you wanna keep running, by all means, try it; it just gives me an excuse to kick your ass and haul you all the way to Belle Reve myself!"

The villain looked back and laughed tauntingly.

"Ooh, such vulgar language, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Stellar growled and created an energy ball in her hand that she hurled at the villain; in response, he somehow caught it in mid-air before launching it back and sending a blast of his power to follow it.

The ball blew up in her face, and a pulse of blue mixed with gold energy knocked her right into Captain Atom, who caught her.

"You okay?"

Once Stellar caught her barrings, she moved away and clenched her fists.

"I'm pissed."

She flew right back after Major Force, and once she got close, he turned around giddily with both of his hands enclosed around two fountains of blue energy.

"Oh, back for round two already?" He asked with a grin; Stellar glared through her mask as he sent twin beams of power at her.

She grunted and moved back a bit before beginning to power through the beams; a golden sheen around her hands seemed to protect her against the harmful energy, and Major Force, who was busying himself by taunting her, was keenly unaware by just how close she had actually gotten.

As fast as a snake, Stellar's hand shot out to grip Major Force's arm. A gasp left his lips before she spun him around for a moment, then hurled him to the ground, creating a massive crater in the middle of the street.

Stellar hovered down and stepped down on his chest; Major Force winced, and the blonde stared down at him condescendingly.

"Got 'em." She announced as Captain Atom landed beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Great job, kid. I already called for transport, so we can get back to the cave; I got somethin' pretty important to tell-" CA began before tapping his communicator.

"This is Captain Atom... Yeah, yeah, ok, I'm on my way." He informed before glancing at Stellar and mouthing, 'sorry.' She waved him off with a small smile.