Part 5

Sameer's pov

I woke up late today. It was going to be my second day at the office. I needed to get ready for the office within half an hour. I went to get freshen up and within 15 minutes I was ready to leave. I waited for the breakfast while scrolling through the company's whatsapp group. I was excited to reach office today as I would be getting the list of employees who would work under my guidance. In the next half an hour, I reached the office. 

"Good morning", I greeted my manager after I entered through the gate fixed with the face recognition system.

I took a seat and sat beside him. He was busy in checking the list of employees who would start working from today. He was furiously trying a mail to the client to get the updated list of employees. Then he pressed the send button with a bang. Then he turned towards me. His face showed a disheveled appearance as he had been working in night shift and now it was time for him to leave. I wanted to confirm the details from him.

"I have mailed the client and soon you will get the list of your employees." he blinked his eyes to moisturise them and then rubbed them with his hands. 

"Sir, you look tired. Would you need my assistance in anything? I asked resting my chin on my palm.

"No thanks, my work is almost finished, once I get the list, I will forward it to their respective aligned SME's. I wondered whether I would get those same agents whom I had assisted a day before in their internal certification.

"Ok sir, I will wait till then I am waiting in my cabin. I will try my level best to assist the new employees." I assured Atul sir and left for my cabin.

I looked around everywhere, I wanted to do a little catch up with my old colleagues. I met few old faces and they congratulated me warmly. We shook hands and cracked a few jokes. I learned few of my earlier teammates had left because of their uneasy relationship with the manager.

I was checking out whatsapp statuses while rolling on my chair. Soon I received the notification via mail on my computer. I got the list of the employees. I checked the names. I recognized the South Indian names instantly. The list consisted of 15 people in total. I noticed I got a team from diverse regions across India. Now my work was to coordinate with them. I fetched out their contact numbers and called each of them personally.  First one was Piyush Chhetry. He picked up on the fourth ring. "Who's this?" a voice on the other side said.

"Hi, Am I talking to Piyush Chhetry?" I asked, maintaining the professional tone.

"Yes" he replied.

"Piyush, this is Sameer and I am your new SME. You will coordinate with me about any kind of concern be it regarding the policies of the company or attendance related issues." I informed him.

"Sure Sameer sir" soon his voice shifted to being more humble. "Sameer sir, this is my first job and I would be requiring your assistance a lot." He has a genuine concern in his voice. That moment I realized that my teammates would be a lot more dependent on me than anyone else. I promised myself that I help them in each and every step and will try to train them in every aspect of the work. I will surely try to do my job with utmost sincerity.

I thought for a moment and then replied. "Piyush, you don't worry, you can reach out to me anytime if you feel that you are stuck somewhere, I will be there."

"Thanks a lot sir. I will do as you will say." he replied cheerfully. He was already talking like an obedient employee. It was good talking to him.

Then I called other teammates to get their basic introduction. With every call I was becoming more confident while talking to them.