00. Love's letter

Dear Jonathan

Dear Jonathan

I am writing this letter to you because you will be gone for I don't know how long. The more I thought about this, the more I realized how difficult it will be for me to keep my feelings hidden any longer. It has been a heartbreaking realization. Therefore, I am here, sitting at my little desk and writing you this letter.

This isn't a love letter. No. It's more than that. It's all about admiring you. It's about your stunning forest-green eyes, your soft black hair, your voice, and the way you talk so gently to everyone you meet. I still remember the day you met me for the first time. I was only ten; you were seventeen. I was playing with Ava when I spotted you on the couch, playing a video game on your big screen. It took you some time but when you noticed me, you let me play with you too. That was very nice of you. Thank you.

Now, coming to the more adult parts of our relationship, I believe it would be appropriate for me to say that I admire you a lot, in case you didn't get that from the upper part of the letter. You make me think of all things beautiful — like rainbows, and stars, and all the gems in the world. You are perfect for me and I want you to keep that in mind when you leave us. I want you to know that I love you, always and forever.

Jonathan, if possible please bring me a reply to this letter when you return from wherever your future is taking you. I promise to be here when you come back, even if you are late. I will keep my new Star Wars video game untouched until you return.

I will be waiting, Jonathan. Please come back and tell me you love me too.

With love,
Love Johnson
(Ava's best friend)

PS: THIS IS NOT A LOVE LETTER.