24. pay for your sins

Standing by her window, he watched her enchantingly, studying the serenity that surrounded her as she typed on her laptop at her desk with her reading glasses on

Standing by her window, he watched her enchantingly, studying the serenity that surrounded her as she typed on her laptop at her desk with her reading glasses on. She was in a pair of pink pajamas, her hair pulled in a messy bun on top of her head. She typed fast, focusing all her attention on her laptop, not even noticing that there was an intruder standing behind her window, watching her like a creepy stalker.

Her room was like Ava's, except dominated by more shades of pink than cream. Even her pillowcases were of the same color and a little part of him couldn't help but wonder how giddy it would feel to take her in that bed, her innocence surrounding them as he made love to her.

She flinched in her seat as Jonathan knocked on the windowpane. She looked right at him, her lips parting with a gasp when she registered who was intruding on her privacy this late at night.

He had no business being there. He just had to. He had figured everything out. Landon Furey wouldn't be a part of her life for much longer. She didn't know that yet. He wasn't going to tell her yet. He just had to see her. His cock had grown hard in his pants just thinking about breaking the news to her. She would be his soon.

His Love.

"Jonathan!" she exclaimed, opening the lower sash and blinking at him. "What are you doing here"

His heart beat frantically, the beats pounding in his ears. He couldn't even hear her. All he could see was her body, petite and feminine, with curves hidden under her jammies. He wanted to strip her out of her clothes in his exhilaration and bury himself inside her so deep that she would be screaming his name.

The rain beat down upon him, drenching him. He swallowed the drops as he gulped at the sight of her — so oblivious, so pure, so selfless. He wanted to kiss her, fuck her, and spank her at the same time.

How could she be that selfless? Friendship shouldn't require such sacrifices.

He pressed his hands on the window sill, pushing himself up. She stepped back immediately, eyes widening in further shock as he entered her room and shut the sash back, pulling the curtain down. He turned to her, his blood thickening at the vision of her pink cheeks turning red when she noticed him dragging his eyes from her bottom to top.

He ached. He craved. Too much. Too fucking much.

His satisfaction of finally knowing the truth made his cock go rock-hard in his jeans. He panted as he stepped closer to her, backing her to a white wardrobe behind her.

White. Innocence. Everything pure and good.

He pushed the hoodie of his jacket down, letting his wet locks fall over his forehead, making drops drizzle down his chin.

He found her licking her lips as she followed the movement of one such particular drop as it trailed down his cheekbone and dropped from his chin. The rise and fall of her chest were fast, making him know that her thoughts were running in the same direction as his.