09. dangerous desires

this chapter contains explicit sexual contentplease read at your own discretion

please read at your own discretion

•••

Love was exhausted from shopping. Tremendously exhausted.

Why did she need to have so many dresses for every occasion? She wasn't even sure whether she would be wearing them again. They were too much for the eyes, predominantly meant for her to stand out among the crowd.

Ava had forced her to pick a few dresses extra for emergencies. Her eyes were downcast as she corrected the creases in Love's previous dresses. Now, she was trying on another - a baby pink half-sleeved dress that fitted against her curves perfectly. Love liked this dress the most and it was the only one she wanted to buy.

However, the only problem was the zipper behind which she wasn't able to pull all the way up. She would need Ava's help for that.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirrors surrounding her in the small trial room. Satisfied with her final choice, she pulled the door open to ask Ava to help her but went into a state of shock when instead of Ava, she saw Jonathan sitting across from her on a chair placed outside.

He looked ravishingly beautiful this evening with his hair in a set of messiness, the green in his eyes dark and fixed on her. He sat with his elbows resting on his knees, his fingers clasped as he watched her intensely. The jeans he wore were closely fitted to his legs and his overcoat was open, letting her catch a glimpse of the black shirt he was wearing underneath. The material firmly stretched over his muscular body.

She was so surprised to see him that she couldn't breathe for seconds. What was he doing here? She hadn't seen him since the night they shared a kiss. She had been ashamed afterward, crying in her room because he wasn't her first kiss and that she had to erase the imprint of his lips from her if she wanted to live with her dignity intact.

"Oh...Jonathan," she said, gasping a little as she backed further into the trial room. "What are you doing here? Where's Ava?"

"She got an urgent phone call," Jonathan replied, his face stoic but the hint of softness lingering in his tone. "I came here and she asked me to stay in her place."

"Oh no..." Love groaned. "That's bad. I don't know if this dress will fit properly without pulling the zip all the way."

Resting her back against the opened door, she bit her bottom lip, peeking at him from under her lashes. He was still sitting and looked at her with a speculative gaze. His focus was so intense that it made her toes curl.

"Let me help," he suggested, standing up.

His sudden looming height towering over her made her stomach tighten. Her muscles formed a knot low in her belly as he stepped closer.