Im Out

Aaliyah Pov.

I awakened at 2:05a.m. I looked over to see Delilah laying on the side of me with her jacket & Barbie backpack on, with my car keys in her hand. I got out my bed and put my gym bag over my shoulder, my back pack on my back and my Nike slippers on. As I grabbed my keys out of Delilah's hands she awakened and sat up.

Delilah- can I go with?
Aaliyah- Delilah no.
Delilah- Liyah please
Aaliyah- go get in the car, but be quiet dee.
Delilah- ok.

I gave her the keys to unlock the door, she left out and did what she was told I went in my bathroom and looked in my mirror, my eyes were red and puffy, I looked tired, I was tired... Tired of my parent treating me how they treat me. I walk out and started to head down stairs but I stopped because I saw the kitchen light on, I ran back up the stairs and hid behind my door frame, my mom walked out the kitchen with ice cream in her hand, she looked at the front door and locked it and headed back to her room, down stairs. I shut my door and locked it, I ran down stairs, grabbed my phone off the table and then ran to to the front door and left out. I got in the driver seat, and looked in the back to see Delilah and Janaè in the back seat.

Me- Janèa, what the fuck are you doing?
Delilah- I tried to tell her to get out but she just wouldn't listen.
Janèa- shut up Delilah, and I'm taking my ass with if mom and dad find I didn't get home till 2 in the morning on a freaking school night they'll kill me, besides I have no way to get in the house.
Me- where's your key?
Janaè- I forgot it in my back pack
Me- where's your back pack?
Janaè- in the fucking house dumb ass
Me- get the hell out the car, stupid, you should've just asked to sleep over your friend Monica's house since you get to do what ever you want anyway.
Janaè- I couldn't because Monica's mom was being bitch
Me- ok and what do you mean?
Janaè- she kicked everyone out
Me- at 2 in the morning? Now you know you lying. Trice's mom would never do that. Tell the fucking truth Janèa.

Janèa rolled her eyes and looked out the window. Delilah looked at me and shook her head. I turned around and slowly started to back out of the drive way so my parents wouldn't wake up. I drove to helofax st. And. Parked on a curb I took out my phone and dail Monica's older sister, Trice, I put it on speaker and looked at Janèa, she didn't look back but as soon as trice said "Hello", she turned and looked at me quick as hell.

Me- Hey trice
Trice- girl it's going on 3 in the morning, you just woke me up and shit, we got school in like 5 hours.
Me- I know my bad nigga but um, where your mom at?
Trice- she at work, why?
Me- so, Janèa asked to hang with Monica last night and she came home at 2 in the morning and said she couldn't spend the night.
Janèa- I did not say that
Me- shut.. The fuck up.- but yeah trice was she there?
Trice- first off my mom been gone since 8 last night. Second Monica is sick so she been laying on the couch all yesterday and she still laying there. Third yo ass know my mom would never let leave Janèa at fucking 2 in the morning.
Me- I knew something was up but I think I know where she was
Trice- ight, her lil fast ass
Me- bye

Me and Delilah looked at Janèa, and Janèa looked out the window.

Me- so you gonna tell me where you were?
Janèa- no, cause you you're gonna tell mom and dad.
Me- I'm not even on good term with them so no I'm not Janaè.
Janèa- liyah, I was with Jacob. Please don't tell them.
Me- really Janéa.

I turned and started driving again, when Delilah started talking.

Delilah- Janéa.
Janéa- what?
Delilah- why are you so mean to liyah, and tell on her all the time? when she does nothing but be nice to you most of the time.

Janèa looked at Delilah, then me, then back out the window. I pulled up to my grandma niami's house. We got the car and I knocked on the door. My aunts boyfriend, joe, opened the door again.

Joe- man what yall want its 3 in the morning.

I pushed passed him and walked in the house. He started to stare at me weirdly, so I called my grandmas name.

Me- O bāchan Niami (Grandma Niami)

She walked out of her room with a scarf on her head and her night gown on she hugged me and my sisters and smiled.

GMN(GrandMaNiami)- hey my babygirls, why here so early?
Me- I need a break from my parents Niami
GMN- what about these two?
Me- they wanted to come with

Joe went back to aunt Catalina's room, and Delilah hugged my grandma again but tighter.

Delilah- I missed you grandma
GMN- I missed you too my little flower, so what happened Li?
Delilah- Daddy and Mommy said they hated Liyah.

Janèa gasped and looked at me. I sat down on the couch and put my face in my hands, my niami came and sat by me, and Delilah sat on her lap.

GMA- is that true Li?
Me- yeah, but hey I don't blame them cause I hate me too.

Janèa hugged me. My niami rubbed my back.

GMN- Janèa and Delilah go lay down in the extra room take Li's bags with you, you guys have school in a couple hours.  So rest up.
Janèa- ok, come on dee.

Janaè and Delilah left out.

GMN- babygirl, they don't hate you they're just really stress, dealing with 9 kids, well 2 are now adults and ones becoming an adult, but it's hard on them rn Li, you hear me?
Me- yes niami, so you want me to go back?
GMN- well I didn't say that girl, you can stay here how ever long you want Li.

I hugged her.

Me- thank you so much grandma niami, I love you always and forever.
GMN- I love you too My little Li.

She got up and started walking back to her room.

GMN- goodnight Li, head to bed you have school in a couple hours.
Me- ok Niami.
GMN- I'll call your dads mom, Taraji, about this later.
Me- ok.

End of pov.

Vote//
Comment//
Share//