Chapter 6

Bill's P.O.V.

"Bill...w-where did you get that?" Pinetree asked. "Doesn't matter. What does matter is whether or not you want to use it or not." I responded, Pinetree took a moment to think about it. He hesitantly put his hand out and said. "I-I'll use it." I handed him the necklace and he slowly put it on. "So...how does it work? Should I be worried about any side effects?" He asked me, I had to think about that for a moment. "If memory serves me right, than I believe after using it to turn yourself 'human', you'll look far more human, obviously, the amulet will turn into a tattoo somewhere on your body. And you'll most likely be naked unless you were already wearing clothes in that form, then you'll just be in those. As for how to use it, it's rather simple, all you have to do is think about what form you want to be in, human or siren, and poof, you're in that form." I explained to him. He took a minute to process all that before nodding his head in understanding. "Do you have any clothes I could borrow?" I did but I'm sure if they would fit him. Than again I'm also sure he'd prefer to wear oversized clothes rather then be naked. "I do but they'll be a bit big on you." "That's fine." I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a white shirt, a pair of boxers, and some shorts. "Here ya go. I'll be outside the door, let me know when your done changing or if you need help." I gave him the clothes and exited the room. A few moments later Pinetree was calling my name. "Ya done getting dressed Pnetre-" I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing. He had his head stuck in the shirt because he didn't unbutton the shirt. He looked hilarious. "N-Need some help?" I asked still trying not to laugh. "Y-Yes please..." He squeaked out. I helped unbutton the shirt and put it o him right. It was, as I predicted, a bit too big on him. It went all the way down to his knees. He did look pretty cute in it though. "T-Thanks..." Pinetree looked at the floor clearly embarrassed he needed my help. "No problem shorty." I ruffled his hair, which is really soft by the way. "I AM NOT SHORT!!!" He shouted in protest. "Uh-huh, sure you aren't." I teased and he puffed out his cheeks in annoyance. He looked towards his octopus, Aega? Agea? Whatever his name was. "What do you think?" Pinetree asked and his companion flashed green. What an interesting duo they are, I wonder if all merfolk have pets like this one. "Hey where did the tattoo show up anyways?" I asked, I wasn't really paying attention to  it before but I'm rather curious now that I remember it does that. "Oh it...I actually don't know. I wasn't paying attention." I face palmed, mentally of course, at his words. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter where it ended up. He turned to speak to the octopus again when I spotted it. The tattoo was just peaking out from the collar of his shirt. Now I could tell him I found it or I could just wait till' he finds out himself. Not that it entirely mattered. "Hey Bill?" Pinetree asked, dragging me out of my thoughts. I hum in acknowledgement. "can I go on to the deck ?" It might be a bit dangerous. My crew isn't the best to new comers. Not to mention he's still not use to his human form. Personally it looks like he's about to fall from standing any second now. "Maybe after you get use to your new legs Pinetree you're shaking like a leaf." He pouted it a bit but nodded. To be honest I was a little worried he might try to leave as well.  "Aegeas  do have any ideas on what we should do?" Pinetree asked his pet. Oh so that was it's name!  "No that's not really fun." How does Pinetree even understand that thing, it didn't even move it's just siting there staring into soul. I guess I'll have to figure that out later. Right now though I should probably go and check on my crew. "I'll be back soon Pinetree, I just have to go make sure my crew hasn't managed to start a fire on deck somehow. Stay here will ya?" I walked towards the door but didn't go through it before I heard him respond with an okay.  

Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been busy and distracted lately. I'll try to update more often. Remember reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold bye!