War Of The Trade

Kana wakes up the following morning and finds herself smiling because of the events that transpired the previous night and, more specifically, the kiss she shared with Alexis. Despite that, they never spoke about the event; in truth, they never spoke a word to each other for the rest of the day.

Kana's smile slowly fades away as doubts start to enter her already broken mind. With a heavy sigh, Kana slowly rolls over and, reaching over to her bedside table, takes her daily anti hallucinogenic tablet, with additional tablets taken when needed.

With her medication taken, she grabs her phone to check her notifications; the only thing that catches her eye is a text message from Alexis. 

 ' Hey. I know the time is just before eight, so I am sorry if this is too much to handle first thing in the morning.

I know we did not speak after what happened yesterday, which is partly my fault, but I do not like how we left things, so if time was on our side, I wish to discuss the events of yesterday? Regardless, I am letting you know that I am once again the lead runner on the team, so chances are I will not see you much. 

By some unfortunate chance, if I do not see you this week, will I see you at Nolan's party?

As I type this, I am walking to the changing rooms.

I guess I will see you when I see you?

Bye for now.’

Reading the message makes Kana's heart sink deep as she flops back onto her bed, her mood instantly being ruined. Doing her best to mask her true feelings, she replies after a few minutes. 

 'Greetings. It is fine. I believe we both need to take the time to thoroughly think about what happened. Just note that I do not regret the choices I made. 

If I do not see you beforehand, I will see you at the party.

Regards. Kana'

With Alexis texted and feeling rather frustrated, she frisbees her phone casually onto her bed, flings her covers off and stands to get changed.

She walks over to her wardrobe and slides open the door, revealing a large variety of clothing, ranging from elegant dresses and top branded shirts to basic t-shirts and slacks, with everything in-between. She decides on a sophisticated white-buttoned striped shirt with a shimmering black skirt that ends just below the knees and a pair of black heeled shoes, checking herself out in the process. 

With a quick nod, she throws her covers back and grabs her phone. 

As always, she strolls down the hall to Kasumi's dorm to start the day, and like always, she knocks then enters before Kasumi can answer.

Kana enters to find Kasumi's room in complete disarray. Her usually tidy makeup station is in shambles, her mirror slightly cracked at the top, with a half-drunk bottle of alcohol on her bed, which is not Kasumi's style.

 "Greetings Ka-... what happened?" Kana asks, equally concerned and frightened.

Kasumi is sat crossed-legged on her bed with an elegant long flowing maroon robe, which lays next to her on the bed. Kasumi is still staring into space, failing to acknowledge Kana, her back facing the door. Gingerly, Kana begins talking. “Are you meditating? Sorry to interrupt, but I have news." 

A minute passes of silence as Kana begins to grow impatient. "Earth to Kasumi.” Kasumi, once again, is motionless. “Kasumi? You okay?”

Kasumi answers with a quiet grunt. Never seeing her in this condition before, Kana gets significantly more concerned for her friend as she does not know what to do or say.