Too Soon

Kana arrives back at the university almost precisely at nine and does her regular checks: She removes her helmet and places it on her motorbike, ready for her next ride. She quickly shakes her head to fix her helmet hair, checking herself out in her rearview mirror.

With her checks complete and looking presentable, Kana stands and walks to the other end of the university parking lot, and that is where she spots a sign on the elevator saying. 

 'The elevator is currently out of order.

Please use the ramp on the right to access the reception.

Thank you all for understanding, and we humbly apologise for any and all inconvenience at the present time.'

Looking down at her still injured but unbandaged hand, Kana's mind rushes back to that moment, and after a second, she quickly shakes her head to dismiss the memory. 

Taking another moment to collect herself again, she walks up the ramp into the reception. Thankfully for her, most students are either waking up still or are already being tutored, with Kana being late.

She walks back to the dorm rooms whilst peeking into a few rooms on her way, yet she spots no one, not even in the auditorium.

 "Guess classes have not started yet." She says out loud as she unlocks her dorm room. "Wait..." She says as the key is still in the lock. "It's still night..." She looks down and chuckles to herself before entering.

She flicks on her light and gets greeted by the same familiar scene, her luxurious room, full of everything she needs and wants. 

Placing her jacket on a hatstand behind her door, she turns around and tries to find a temporary spot for her bespoke painting by Alistair; looking around, she deems the best place is just above her vanity table. After quickly banging a nail into the wall, she steps back to look at it to see if that spot is right; after a while of looking around, she concludes that just above the vanity table is the best spot, and that will be the painting's permanent home. Looking at it in more detail, she has an idea. Kana quickly withdraws her phone and gives Kasumi a quick message.

 "Do you have Alistair's number? I want to ask him something. I don't know his dorm number either. 

On another note, tell Evalynn and Kora to keep an eye out for deliveries as I'm going to send them a small present, or don't tell them and keep it as a surprise from them, whichever you prefer.

Also, I want to send your parents a gift for the hospitality. Do you know what I can get for them?

Last note. As soon as I become the queen, you may have my prized motorbike, so keep an eye out for deliveries yourself, as my jacket may not fit your tall and slender frame. You are still a size large, right?"

With Kasumi texted, she finally manages to answer the messages from Alexis. 

 'I just got back home, well, got back to university. Did you make it home without too much trouble? Did you and your father have a nice meal? Let me know.'

She puts her phone on the bed and begins changing into her pyjamas, and gets ready to settle down for the night. She removes the only layer of thin makeup she has on and walks over to the small selection of movies she has when her phone startles her. 

To her slight disappointment, it is Kasumi. 

 'One - Alistair's dorm number is 62, I believe, but I can't guarantee it. His phone number is attached below.

Two - My sisters have been told and are now excited. Knowing you, I assume the gift for Evelynn is a leather jacket and, for Kora, a musical notebook to help her practice?