~ Chapter 4 ~

Dabi's POV:

I can't believe how weak I was. For letting two teenaged villains escape. Not only that, I'm pretty sure that Okami kid had a copy quirk. He used my own freaking fire against me! And it was way more powerful. Ugh, figuring out quirks is confusing. Me and dad got picked up by Keigo and All Might, who gave us a bit of light scolding about jumping into action. But no matter, either way, we lost him, and that other girl.

I was currently in Nezu's office, originally telling him that I was back ready to teach and how the mission went. But Aizawa had other plans.

"How could you let two teens escape!" he yelled at me. 

I looked at Nezu, trying to call for help, but he did nothing but drink his tea. God damn drama loving Nezu.

"You're a literal teacher for teens with powerful quirks! And you couldn't even beat them?!" my co-worker's eyes turned a shade of red, he often activates his quirk when he's mad.

"It's not my fault we were told to observe one and there were two!" I tried to defend myself, "Besides, one of them copied my quirk! And it's unknown whether he kept his other quirk."

Aizawa sighed, and turned to Nezu, "You made him go on a mission when you don't even know what the villain's quirk is? How stupid are you getting Nezu?!"

"I'm not getting stupid, I'm getting older," the bear/mouse/dog finally spoke up, "And like I told All Might earlier, this is a new villain. It's expected that we might not know much about them."

"Ugh, whatever," Aizawa groaned, "Problem child, since I want to sleep, you will be supervising the class for the rest of the day." I kinda wish he would stop calling me problem child, I'm 24.

But I nodded. I know this was supposed to be a punishment, but finally, I can actually get to know my students better.

"Understood, Aizawa," I bowed and started to walk out of the classroom. I was on my way when I found a yellow caterpillar following me.

"Hey kid," Aizawa said, "Y'know you can call me Shota, right?"

I sighed. We've had this conversation a couple of times. He calls me Touya, but I still refer to him by his surname. 

"I know," I pause, unsure of what to say next, "I'm... just not ready I guess." It's not like we weren't close enough to be on a first-name basis, but his name reminded me of Shoto's. Shot-o, Shot-a, hope you can hear the resemblance. It's not that I haven't accepted the fact that he's gone, I realised that a long time ago. But just the constant feeling that it's my fault, that I should've cared for him earlier.

"If that's what you think, Todoroki," he sighed, he normally gets over it sooner rather than later. I can bet that before the end of the day he'll be back to calling me Touya again.

We walked down the corridor in awkward silence, before going our separate ways. I sigh, since it was the first day of school, the last two periods was homeroom. Just so students and teachers could spend some time getting to know each other or something, I don't know. I never really saw the point in it. Okay, maybe I regret wanting to hang out with the kids.

"Shut the hell up four-eyes!" I could hear Bakugo yelling from inside the classroom.

"Bakugo," Iida was yelling back in an almost robotic voice, though definitely not as loud, "You are being incredibly rude to your fellow classmates. I suggest you apologise."

"Guys, I think we should get to our seats," Ojiro, I think his name was, "In case Aizawa-sensei or Todoroki-sensei come back."

"I agree! This is our first day, and first impressions are important," Yaoyorozu declares, "Especially since we're in the Hero Course!"