𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚜

Erin's back was up against the gray stone wall around the corner, hidding, waiting for the young prince's signal to grab all that she could and run.

She waited until she saw a small crumpled up paper ball roll and skid to a stop in her just within her sights and just a couple inches out of the corner she was hidding behind.

Not the most effective or discreet signal, but it was the best they could come up with what they could come up with at the moment. They saw the cook making the tarts and they decided there wasn't a minute to waste.

She slipped out from behind the corner and glanced at the cook who now had hands on his hips, as he stared skeptically at Ezran, who was in charge of talking to and distracting the older man. She approached the table with the silver trays on them. On the trays, lay nine or twelve warm, fresh out of the oven, jelly tarts. They were all evenly spaced.

Erin, with her now healed wrist, reached out for the tart, grabbing as much as she could before the cook noticed she was there. Ezran must've glanced at my direction for a split second, but a split second was all it took for the man to follow where he was glancing and turned around to face her.

"Wha- hey!"

She didn't even let him finish speaking before she held onto what she had and took off running as fast as she could out the door.

As the man was busy shouting at her disappearing figure, Ezran and his glowtoad friend continued to snatched the tarts that Erin couldn't and ran off into the vent like tunnel on the wall and slipped away.

Now, normally, Erin would feel bad about making someone's job harder by taking what they've made. But strangely enough, he didn't seem to take it so personally, he just made more later when he knew that the tarts weren't in danger of being snatched by her and the youngest prince. Sometimes, she came in later that day and apologized before offering help in the kitchen to make it up to the guy. Sometimes she cleaned up and sometimes she helped make more tarts in replacement for the ones she helped steal.

She wasn't so much of a fan of the jelly tarts that she would steal them. She enjoyed them but not to that extent. But she did enjoy the adrenaline rush and the cautions of being caught, that was fun on her part. She just ended up giving them all to Ezran, the boy who could finish the whole pile of the tarts in three to five minutes.

By God, that kid could be a tart eating champion.

In the meantime, she wanted to drop these tarts off at Ezran's and Callum's room.

After navigating her way around the palace for weeks, she got used to the design of the large estate and learned what rooms are where, and how to get there. Ezran showed her a few shortcuts, to which, she was thankful for.

She turned a corner and was close to the room that Ezran co-shared with older half brother, the only thing that separated the room was a wall and a door that led into the Callum's room.

She finally got to the door and sighed a quick sigh of relief. Her hands were full so she had to bring her foot back and knock on the door with her foot, which was soon opened by none other than a smiling Ezran with his grumpy friend on the ground next to him.

"Special delivery?" Erin grinned as she made her way inside, making sure not to step on Bait as she did so, she was always worried she might and was always careful.

"That was fun." Erin chuckled as she set the Jelly tarts on his desk were the others were. She stepped back as eyed the small pile of the sweet treats on the table, taking one of said sweets in hand.

"You know if you guys keep this up, they might not let you anywhere remotely near the kitchen?" Callum spoke up from his desk on his side of the room. It wasn't hard to hear him since the door that lead to his was wide open. He seemed to be working on his latest sketch.