•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼•

Chapter Two, This is how the world is run

✯✯✯✯✯

My movement was limited. Voice hoarse. Mind delirious. My eyes were still closed, but through them I saw a golden orange so bright it made me squint even through my lids. I did my best to keep them open, though they were incredibly tired. To say that, I had no idea how long I slept for or even where I was. No vibrations of a plane, no incoherent screaming, no voice belonging to Jack to tell me that answer.

Forcing my eyes open, I stretched my fingers out in front of me. Small beige coloured dots sat on my knuckles and in between the creases. Sand?

"Uhm.." is all I could say.

Spread out in a foliage in front of me, a large canvas of an island sat before my eyes; folding blue waves melting over top of the other, luxurious sand mounding around me as I sat completely discombobulated, winding palm trees shielding me from the severe ball of sun painted in the sky. It seemed we'd washed upon an island.

"Guys, she's awake."

The voice of a pre-pubescent boy hung in the air like stale meat. Not sure who it is, but it's a voice possessed by a boy who had shouted on the plane a few times to his friends, a menace.
The early shuffle of feet neared to me as I sat helpless, staring out to the ocean that was now my resting place. I honestly didn't know what to think; I mean, an island isn't much to go on.

I saw the head of Ralph, leading a solemn school of fish-like boys behind him who trailed tirelessly up across the dune. A smile flickered from the brunette boy. I only engaged in a mild conversation with the boy on the flying aircraft, but it was enough to return the cheek lift.
The gathering came to stand by me, some sit, only to pant like dogs under the suns teasing rays.

"How are you feeling?" Ralph asked, almost doctor like. I lifted my sticky back from the grains that glued me to them, hesitating for a moment. I took a look around the not-so-new congress of males. Only one thing compared to how they acted before on the plane however so unpalatably; they were actually quiet for once. Not one of them stirred a voice, well, except the apparent leader.

By answer at first with a slight cough, more a splutter, I nodded earnestly, bobbing my head around the crowd to take a look at my match. Simon was there, face plain and small, barely visible from the overbearing crowd that covered him. The only other boys I knew of were Jack and Roger, who of course were there to join. A sigh left my mouth, not one of relief. More disappointment. How could you blame me though, there wasn't a girl in sight.

I was never a sociable butterfly in school. Never had friends, I just kept to myself. The whole reason was, let's just say it was substantial.
Nothing came to mind of how I was supposed to communicate thoroughly, I wasn't their friend yet. Just some girl they've been washed up with.