•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲•

Chapter Three, Selfless Power

✯✯✯✯✯

"I just think you should be nicer to him, he's literally done nothing to you." It seemed my judgment on Jack had altered. Well, my feelings are mixed. He can be a real douche 90% of the time, but sometimes, very rarely, he can be a real sweetheart.

"What about it? I mean cmon he's just sittin' there." Jacks finger pointed to the fatter boy who just plainly sat by on the sand while the rest of us fished for more vines up in the trees.

"Yeah well-"

"Get on my shoulders." Before I knew what was happening I was scooped over jacks broad shoulders, grasping tightly onto his head. He walked us over to the trees and handed me his army knife. I hesitated before taking it, the reminder of when I last held one flooding in my head like a blizzard. It was all too real. This was odd; I've never had a flashback hit me so inconveniently.

The point waited patiently at his back, itching to go further in. The drink in his hand spilled, collapsing on the floor; glass shattering in millions of tiny pieces scattered all over. The choking started, then the spill of blood that so evidently filled my nostrils with its unforgiving scent. A bit splashed on me, dripping onto his body with one. Single. Splash.

"Pass me that would ya'." I handed the blonde boy a handful of cumbersome picking of thick vines, ready for the next round. 

"Be careful." Piggy was sat below, doing nothing to participate in any form of work being done here, vaguely resentful. Jack was right about something. The chubbier boy sat with his armpits filling up with sweat, hands emerged in the sand with his glasses hooked on his nose.

"Otherwise it won't matter."

"What won't matter?" Jack pleaded, shifting myself off his hold with a fresh growth of vines left to tie. And while piggy ranted, I would tie them. For what the chubbier boy was saying, it was making me think. He was sorta right, I mean if we ever did get in trouble on here; fatal injures or something, it wouldn't matter if we got rescued. If we ever got rescued anyway.

"If we get rescued." There, he had exactly what I was thinking. But also made me shudder.

"You better start learning to live with yourself, cause we ain't gonna get rescued." Jack knelt down with me, already shirtless and practically, excusing his underwear, naked.

"Why don't you just shut up!" Piggy yelled aloud, jack aggressively standing from his sand covered knee and facing the boy, knife still in hand. I mean I know it was a little early for Halloween, but this was some scary shit. I stood up with him, wanting to watch the scene unfold like a California's housewives episode. It was kinda exciting.