•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴•

Chapter eight, You believe me now?

✯✯✯✯✯

"You could never beat us in a fist fight. Leave it out Julie." Rapper flicks the sand of his shoulder in mockery of his laid back attitude towards me. He didn't know my strength, that wasn't something to take likely. Him and I, as well as several other troubled boys sat randomly in spaces adjacent to the beach, watching the waves go and the clouds watch us feast on the island.

It was a long time since we've been here, about a month and a couple weeks. I've never kept proper track, never drawn a line in the sand or a marking in a tree. I just sort of let the island take guard as it did to all of us. It has been the same routine; wake up, fire watch, eat, sleep, repeat. And of course talking, intimation, lust and so on.. but that didn't strike me as something to keep notice of. Of course, me and my now called 'partner' Jack would obviously be called out from.

Our relationship has progressed to be fair, massively. He was everything a usual guy would want: long floppy hair, those 'fuck me' eyes, dominated attitude and body. But what I wanted? I wouldn't expect to be into this. They were all sort of like that though, Ralph I mean. The rivalry between the two had grown impeccably, no fist bumps shown. They send each other a noticeable glare every time I'm with one of them. Of course, Ralph's much nicer, but Jack is the one I feel for.

He's just that guy. But I like that guy. More than I did anyhow.

"Go ahead underestimate me." I 'yawn' mockingly as we each laze in the sunlight. It did sort of worry me that we had no protection from this tropical, I think Hawaiian sun, but it wasn't my biggest worry. Roger was honestly my biggest fear now. I was right about never escaping his watch. He'd watch me sleep, eat, talk to Simon and even sometimes wash. Even when I thought no one was looking, he'd be round the corner. I always made sure to cover whatever he left, you know, the bruises. To arise conflict and question between me and the boys would complicate things badly, and I didn't want that. Some things you have to save privately.

Besides that, I did have protection.

"Oh I'm not underestimating at all. I know how girls are, all squeaky and screechy. Little pussies." Rapper exhales, taking his stand beside me. We were good enough friends him and I, he was one of the most sensible on the island and we've taken the chance a few times to hang around before. I send him a stare and stand up to him. I'm taller than him by a few inches, but even so he's still intimidating.

"You bet? Me and you and a game of mercy right now. If I win you take my shift of fire watch, if you win.." I shrug at the last part, motioning for him to take his pick. He holds his Sandy fingers to his chin in thought, the others (Andy, the twins and a couple of the others) watch curiously as he stands to me.