•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿•

Chapter four, Trip to home

✯✯✯✯✯

It started off as any other usual day, except my back was hard pressed into sand and my hair was frazzled and wind swept. I had almost forgotten I had even slept by the beach, the tide wrapping itself further into the sand. Creeping up to my sand-submerged feet, the lucid water blanketed itself over the indent I had made while sleeping, weirdly in only one position.

I don't really remember much that went on last night. It was one of those things where your mind goes completely blank in the most dire situation. Like, I fell asleep. Nothing more to tell.

My arms stretched out, getting myself used to the tropical beams of sun that would always shine on us. Even the huts wouldn't bring you that much shade. My eyes stirred open as my body writhed in the unbearable heat, new sounds flooding my ears early in the morning, the pale blueness of the sky forming into place as clouds shifted away.

I didn't dream last night. Which is odd as I usually do dream quite a lot at home, most of my dreams being nightmares coming to haunt me. Most of which being about life.. not on the island.
I rose, bringing my hand to cover my face as the sun harshly bored into my eyes, at least I was getting vitamin D as well as nearly losing my eyesight.

The sounding of the conch filing all spaces of the island allowed my eyes to fully open up, regrettable as it may seem. I could've just pretended I was back asleep and kept like that all day. But of course, like Jack had said, only an idiot would wish his Holiday away. I nodded to myself and swept away, my feet lazily rising up and stomping back on the grainy sand. Sand sand and more sand.
Now that I thought about it, how many grains of sand would be on this beach alone? As well as the whole entirety of the world. Must be a lot-

More conch yelling. Like a disturbing alarm call, I hurriedly ran over to the cove area where we now had our meetings. It's usual, normalised now.
Being the first one there, I chose my spot by Ralph and watched as the tiny, distanced pupils file in at all different directions of the island. Some spewing out of the forest like ants, most crawling out of the sea like deranged sea creatures coming to taunt me. I'll just say it. The boys and I didn't get along very well. Must be because I'm not a very likeable person, must be cause I literally hate people.

Lol mood.

From a distance, it would take a while for the 'things' to arrive here and take their own places, so I decided to stroke up a conversation with my cell mate.

"I had an idea, Ralph." I say, bringing my feet onto the jagged rock I was placed on. He turned around, surprised by my early presence.