II

WILIAM.PO.V.

Of course, Robrt didn't answer the phone all night and all the morning. I don't know where a drug addict could be. Time was running out, and he wasn't anywhere. The three of them didn't look like they were joking. They wouldn't even blink, and they would kill me. I have to find him.

I finished college for today and went to work. I got a lot of weird looks because of the big bruise on my face, and my stomach hurt a lot from yesterday.

As I walked, I had a strange feeling that someone was following me. This had never happened to me before. Maybe I was a little paranoid about what happened after all. But no. It can't be. Everyone knows when someone stares at him for a long time. People just feel it.

As I crossed the street, I looked in all directions provided I didn’t look suspicious. I was looking for someone who seemed to be interested in me. And then...out of the corner of my eye, I noticed him.That was the guy from yesterday. The one with the blue eyes and the blonde hair. The guy I described as Russian.

What does he want now? I kept walking so that I could catch him in the trap and ask why he was following me. I turned the corner of a building and waited for him there.

As I could have predicted, he followed me. He wore a leather jacket in this insanely cold weather. He had an extremely beautiful face and pale, almost white skin. His hair was between blue and brown. He was tall and handsome.

He was quite confused when he saw me.

ME: "I know you're following me. What do you want?"

He sighed deeply and steam came out of his mouth as the temperature was in the minus.

XXX: "Look, Miller...I have order to keep an eye on you. If you do anything suspicious, my boss will find out right away."

He had an incredibly rough and deep voice. I shivered when I heard him. He even had one of those attractive Russian accents. So he's Russian.

ME: "Come on...What suspicious thing can I do?"

XXX: "It's none of my business...First of all, I shouldn't even have let you to notice."

ME: "You were too close."

XXX: "On purpose. Look, I know you have nothing to do with this and you're not involved in it. And my colleagues know it. We need your brother."

ME: "You think I'm hiding him from you?That we meet secretly?"

XXX: "It doesn't matter what I think. My boss thinks you're protecting him, which is perfectly normal because you're brothers."

ME: "I don't know where is Robert."

XXX: "Then you better find out as soon as you can."

ME: "He's a drug addict. How should I find him? I'm not in the police, man."

XXX: "I don't care. It's your brother, not mine. You're responsible for him."

ME: "It's actually the opposite, but it doesn't matter. How much is that debt? What is it for?"

XXX: "Drugs, of course."

ME: "How much?"

XXX: "A thousand euros. It was five hundred, but they doubled it because he's hiding."

ME: "Great. Like I didn't have enough problems."

XXX: "I'm sorry, but that's the way things are. You better find your brother."

ME: "I'll try...Thanks, I guess. If I have anything to thank for at all."

XXX: "That's it from me, Miller."

ME: "You don't have to follow me around...Unless you want to stand outside at minus five degrees for 6 hours."

XXX: "That wouldn't be a problem."

He just looked at me coldly and left. I watched him leave. I don't know what opinion I should have about him and whether I should have it at all. Something told me that he wasn't that bad, but I couldn't trust that feeling.

As he walked away, he turned back. He looked at me with icy blue eyes once more and left. Why did he look back?

I'm thinking too much. I better find Robert somehow. I kept calling him as I approached the workplace, but he didn't answer. The phone rang for a minute, which means it's not off. Maybe he's asleep.

..

The whole day passed traditionally. I called Robert every five minutes, but there was never an answer.

I went home and this time I went a longer way. I didn't wear headphones because I didn't want to not hear my attacker again because of the music.

XXX: "Miller!"

I heard the familiar Russian accent and the invocation of my last name. So, he's still following me. I paused. Soon a blue-eyed man approached and started walking in line with me.

XXX: "Did Robert answer?"

ME: "I called him more than two hundred times and nothing. I even paid the loan several times."

XXX: "Damn. If he doesn't answer tomorrow, you're fucked."

ME: "I know, but what can I do? London is not small. I can't just randomly find him."

XXX: "Try again."

I sigh and call Robert again. Nothing. Second try. It rang and then...I can't believe it. He really answered. He answered.

ME: "Oh, God...He answered."

XXX: "Ask him where he is."

ROBERT: "What's wrong with you, nerd? You've called me a thousand times. What do you want?"

His voice was hungover and deep. He just woke up. Who knows how long he slept from so many pills.

ME: "Where are you, Robert?"

ROBERT: "Why?"

ME: "Some people are looking for you."

ROBERT: "Tell them to suck my dick."

The Russian guy tried to steal my phone and probably cursed him, but I escaped.

ME: "They're asking for some money and they threatened me. You have one day to come, because otherwise they'll beat me."

ROBERT: "Where can I get the money, William? Where can I get it from?"

ME: "I don't care. You shouldn't have take drugs if you couldn't pay for it. Come back here right now."

ROBERT: "Listen, you little shit,you can't give me orders. I'm older than you."

ME: "Just tell me where the fuck you are."

ROBERT: "Fuck off."

Then he hung up.

ME: "Great...I'm going to fuck up now."

XXX: "Maybe not. Give me your phone till the morning. I'll go to someone to locate the call and we'll easily find out where he is. Do you think he'll be gone by tomorrow?"

ME: "No way. He just woke up. He's probably getting ready to take drugs again."

He nodded and I gave him the phone which he took.

ME: "By the way, what's your name?"