VIII

WILIAM.PO.V.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I washed the wound and took a patch from the drawer. When I returned, I saw Nikita looking around the living room.

ME: "I thought you left."

NIKITA: "Actually, I'm on my way. It'll be even morning soon."

ME: "We can go together...if you want."

I said quietly because I wasn't sure what kind of relationship the two of us were at all.

NIKITA: "Where are you going?"

ME: "It'll be seven o'clock soon. I have to go to college."

NIKITA: "You can't go to college."

ME:"What?"

NIKITA: "You're not well to go to college now."

ME: "I'm okay. None of this is a serious injury."

NIKITA: "You can't go out like that, William. You're hurt. Tell a friend to send you notes. You're not going anywhere today."

ME: "Why would I listen to you?"

NIKITA: "It's an order."

ME: "You're only here to follow me. I don't have to listen to you."

NIKITA: "Okay, then you'll have to go through me."

ME: "What about work?"

NIKITA: "Take a week off. Tell them your mother is sick?"

ME: "Week? No way, Nikita."

NIKITA: "You're injured. Where are you going to like that?"

ME: "You seem to forget that I only have today to find Robert."

NIKITA: "I can arrange some more time."

ME: "Why would you do that?"

NIKITA: "Because it will take us more than a day to find him."

ME: "Us?"

NIKITA: "Yes. Us. Or you want to look for him alone."

ME: "No, of course no."

NIKITA: "Sit down. I'll make you coffee."

ME: "Didn't you say you were going?"

NIKITA: "I wanted to, but I don't believe you. I know you'll go somewhere as soon as I leave the house."

ME: "Well, you're not staying here for a week for sure."

NIKITA: "Why not? My job is to follow you for 24 hours."

ME: "Come on, you can't be serious."

NIKITA: "I'm always serious."

ME: "Great."

NIKITA: "Well...coffee?"

ME: "No, thanks."

I got up and went up to my room. Nikita stayed in the living room. I quickly closed the door and leaned against it.

Why does my heart beat so hard when he's here? I can't like him. I just can't. The two of us live in two other worlds. Why would he want to have something more with me? Plus, he's Russian. Russians are homophobic .At least 80% of them.I can't feel this, for God's sake.

I had to get away from him as soon as possible. I have never knew how to hide what I feeling. And if he found out that I am gay and that MAYBE I like him, I bet he would beat me up in seconds.

I went to the bathroom and started taking a shower. I needed it. I felt dirty and I wanted to wash the smell of the hospital off me. After I finished showering, I came out of the bathroom. I took a towel and started to dry my body with it, and then I heard a knock on the door.

Shit.

ME: "Don't come in! I'm naked!"

I quickly tied a towel around my waist and opened the door. I saw him.

He was in a black wide T-shirt. The muscles in his arms were easy to spot. Fuck. He looks so sexy.

When I looked up I realized that he was staring at me. He just checked me out. I blushed immediately and I felt it getting extremely hot.

ME: "What do you want?"

NIKITA: "Um...your phone."

He handed me the phone and I picked it up.

NIKITA: "You...You're injured."

He pointed to my chest, which were full of wounds and scars. I forgot what my body looked like without clothes.

ME: "I have to...I have to get dressed."

NIKITA: "Why did you stay here?"

ME: "What?"

NIKITA: "Look what your own family did to you. That's not right, William."

ME: "I know,but...We'll talk later,okay?"

I closed the door in front of him. I had to. I was embarrassed. I look like shit.