Peter Robin (Peter Pan x Christopher Robin)

Look.

LOOK.

Let me be clear on this,

If Christopher Robin spent even two hours in Neverland...

He'd be traumatized beyond recognition.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I find it weird when people try to say "well Neverland and the Hundred Acre Woods are both magical Disney places or something".

Because.

Sure.

But also they're completely different styles.

The Hundred Acre Woods is a place where a gay, communist found family comprised entirely of sentient stuffed animals, lives together in a calm Neighborhood Forest where houses are inside trees.

These peaceful creatures have the occasional issue with racism/xenophobia, as evident in the 2005 masterpiece "Pooh's Heffalump Movie". Though they recovered from that rather quickly and got woke, so to speak.

The Hundred Acre Wood is a place of Childhood innocence, where the residents all love and care for each other very much.

Neverland is a leaderless nation filled with bratty screaming kids who are at war with pirates that are done with their bullshit and ready to turn to terrorism.

There's definitely a civil war going on there, but everyone refuses to point that out because they're either an incompetent pirate or... nine.

The way I describe these iconic childhood places might make you uncomfortable, but it's also true so... cope.

As you can see, there's a clear difference, and I just don't think Christopher would get on that well with Peter.

Christopher has just always been a very polite boy... like he's so nice to everyone. Still a regular kid that fucks up, but a good boy ™.

I feel like a well mannered kid wouldn't be that romantically interested in a feral child governor that plunged a lawless nation into further chaos.

Also like the age difference?

Christopher is like 7-9 and Peter's a preteen I think?

I don't know, that's just weird to me.

4/10 I can see the appeal but the more I talk about them, the less I like it.

————————————————————

Also for the record, when I talk about these kid x kid ships, I never mean like intense romances, like the one Rapunzel and Flynn have. I mean a relationship that starts off as a sweet childhood crush and then gradually develops into a more complex romance as they get over. Because kids are dumb and don't understand the full intricacies of relationships.

Like the main couple in the Greatest Showman.

I assume, I've never seen the Movie and I don't care enough to watch it.