#11 Figure

Avoid Responsibilities.

Asheika

"Get out." Ishmael snapped and I went to the opposite side of the car where I exited.

"Kids, your parents are in the garden awaiting your arrival." The butler announced from the front door and my heart dropped. "Immediately."

"This is the first." Ishmael snickered and I showed him the finger without a care before leaving.

I followed Mister Dwayne's path through the garden's entrance to the side of the house where he called out to them and got an answer coming from the gazebo area. When they came into view both Daddy and Miss Sydney looked over while the lawyer took the empty seat next to them. My brother was right behind me as I stood before the adults like a disobedient child, unknown to the punishment that is to come.

"Good afternoon." I greeted and got a dry reply from daddy as well as a snicker from my twin.

"How was your day honey?" Miss Sydney asked in a sweet voice as usual.

"It was eventful. How was yours? You look really beautiful today. I like what you did with your hair, it looks perfect like the women's hair on the shampoo and conditioner commercials and in magazines. This natural look has you glowing, I wouldn't be surprised if daddy asks for a second wedding just to repeat his vows to you ears." I rambled, and stopped to take the first breath but daddy stops me with the raise of his hands while his wife blushes hard.

"We will continue about my wife's beauty another time, after tonight when I bring her out on a date while you stay here and write an apology letter to the principal."

My mouth hangs in surprise before I laughed loudly. "I would rather bribe the school board with mine and Ishmaels dedication to the team than to do that and I still won't sell out my brother or myself to play another game after the first so it is everyone's loss. Action speaks louder than words and I didn't make any moves on anyone as yet. If you list all that I have been thinking this week already then I could put a lot of money in our pocket just with Mister Dwayne's help. Bully, threats and glares like daggers pointing at me. I got called fat, fake, a boyfriend thief, dirty, poor and the list goes on. I didn't do anything wrong except defend myself. I would do the same thing again because I'm not a walk over and I never will be. You both as well as our family never taught us to be that, so I won't. It is fight or get beaten and I would die trying to kill my opponent just to watch him breath his last breath. It was either my mouth doing the talking or Ishmael's hands doing the walking. Please excuse me."

I left without being excused, feeling the tears pricking my eyes and my sight blurry. I took the shortcut up to my room and went straight to the bathroom. I didn't have to worry about my bags as the staff would take care of it as well as my dirty clothes but that was another thing that worries me, people doing things for me.

The pressure to be the perfect daughter, upholding this perfect image and not enjoying my life the way I wanted has become a burden. Elijah ran from his by joining the marines despite his parents warnings, he rebelled this way and we hardly heard from him for the past five years. He used to call enough for the last three years but lately it was whenever he felt like it and he only sent pictures or voice messages that made us want more.

I was angry at the betrayal from my mother's side of the family now it was the absence of my older brother who promised he would always be there for us but he's nowhere to be seen. This was one reason I don't trust and I sometimes put the lack of trust over my emotions of loving them. I knew that I am not perfect and my family should be happy to have me but I felt the need to rebel at times even if it meant for Mister Dwayne to win the bet.