#26 Bed of roses

Find contentment and nature.

Asheika

I was happy and thankful to be the first one up this morning. Tristan was spooning me from behind and I left the bed to put the pillow where I was laying just so I could do my morning hygiene and start breakfast. Maybe I was a creep for taking his picture too, but I couldn't help myself. Last night, I made a specific album in my phone filled with his or our photos and even though his phone had more, I didn't expect our kissing lips to be his wallpaper. He took it before we went to bed and said he wouldn't send me that one. I would be scared if someone saw it but he promises to change it before he goes to school.

Halfway through preparing breakfast, Tristan woke up and went to the bathroom but when he returned I had his meal dished out with warm milk in his glass. He couldn't keep his eyes off me and it made me nervous. "Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" He asked, licking his lips as he eyed me intensely.

"The stare, you're making me nervous." I grumbled, turning my back to turn off the stove.

"Get used to it. This is the first time you're cooking for me and I want to thank you properly."

I froze in place when he got up so I snapped out of it and moved away from the kitchen, only for him to follow. "Tristan, no. Go and eat."

"Gimme a kiss first." He said stubbornly and I obliged, allowing him to kiss me but he also gave me a tight hug before returning to his meal.

With a smile on my lips, I got back to the kitchen and ate while preparing another meal.

"What are you doing?" He inquired and I looked back at him.

"Making you lunch."

"Is this why you got up so early," he shook his head with disbelief. "I told you I'm staying with you today."

"You said that but I don't want you to."

"Why the heck not? You don't want me here with you, is that it?" He fired at me and I agreed, watching his expression change. "Unbelievable."

He got up angrily and I went after him, holding his face with my hands. "Just listen, and I won't apologize for what I just said. I graduated from my previous high school and I never missed a class. My attendance level was perfect as my subject or GPA and you need to do that too. We had our fun last night and we can have it again tonight but I'm not allowing you to miss school, not on my watch. I want the best for you and I don't want your parents thinking I'm a bad influence to you so you have to go. The other reason is it will look a bit suspicious that you and I are absent on the same day then reappear tomorrow."

"Fine." He sighed, kissing my forehead and I smiled. "I don't like this secret relationship one bit."

"I know, but it won't be forever." I whispered then held his hand, leading him back to eat his breakfast. "Eat and fill that flat tummy."

He grins and continues eating his toast with avocado spread and spicy steamed vegetables with round golden fried dumplings. I ate my own throughout the lunch preparation but had to stop when handing the chicken. The simple meal of fried chicken legs, rice and peas, pasta and spicy gravy. I was thankful for the stove but I had to keep it all under a watchful eye so it won't burn.

Tristan returns from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and I was so distracted that I used my hand to take up the chicken instead of the gripping thong inside the bowl of chicken laying on paper towels. I yelped, dropping the chicken but had to catch it from falling off the plate onto the floor. I laughed at the situation after putting the chicken in its rightful place, inside Tristan's new lunch dish.