⓶−𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝖺𝚒𝚗

The car ride was silent apart from Athenas explaining how we need manners in The Capitol and we should wash up and blah, blah, blah. I just spent the ride looking out the window. When we got to the station, we were escorted by peacekeepers onto the train. I let Blake go in first, then I went in, and then Athenas.

The train was beautiful. Chandeliers, shiny tables, loads of food, it was beautiful. Blake went straight for the food. He saw it and took a few scones, shoveling them in his mouth. Athenas looked at him in disgust and I just went and sat down on a couch. Blake finished his food and sat down next to me. Athenas left for a minute, saying she'd be back soon.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Blake. "I'm scared." He said. "I don't wanna die." He added. "Listen. I can't do much to save you. Just listen to the mentors and you'll be okay." I said. I looked up when I heard a door sliding open. There I saw them. Finnick O'Dair and Annie Cresta.

"Hi." Finnick said, sitting down. I smiled. "So, you're Jasper, and your Blake?" He said gesturing to us one at a time. "Yeah." I said. "How old are you?" Annie asked. "I'm 13." I said. "12." Blake said. "Jesus." Annie muttered under her breath. "You volunteered right?" Finnick asked. I nodded. "Why?" He asked. "Because I know I have what it takes to win." I said vaguely. Finnick glanced at Annie, and then looked back at us. "Look, are you going to give us advice or not. I don't know about you, but I'd like to stay alive. I have to stay alive." I snapped, mumbling the last bit under my breath.

"Listen. I know you're scared. I know you're curious, but I think you should wash up, have some time to your self and get some sleep. We'll talk tomorrow." Annie said. I nodded and stood up. "I'll show you to your room." Annie said, she walked out, and I followed her.

She took me to a room and walked in. She sat down and gestured for me to sit on the bed. I did just that. "Look. you volunteered. You want to win. So here's the plan. Get in with the Careers." She said. I looked at her baffled. "We can talk to their mentors and get an alliance. All you need to do is show them what you're made of." I nodded. "Wash up and get some sleep. You'll need it." Annie said, leaving the room.

I went to the bathroom and saw a shower. I figured out how it works, and had a nice long wash. After that, I found a long sleeved blue shirt and some black pants. I dried my long brown hair and left it out, I then switched on the TV and watched Ceaser Flickerman on the screen until I fell asleep.

~.﹒✩﹒.~

When I woke up the next morning, it was because Athenas was yelling, "Up, up, up!" at 9 am. That's probably the longest sleep in I've had in a long time. "Come on, we're almost at The Capitol. We've just passed District One." She announced. I hopped out of bed and found a comb in the bathroom. I quickly brushed my hair and did it the same way as the Reaping, and got on the same clothes.

Walking out of my room to the dining area wasn't as hard as I thought. Finnick and Annie were at the table. The automatic door opened and I stepped into the room. "Wheres Blake?" I asked as I walked to the table, sitting down. "He's in his room." Finnick answered. "Listen. He isn't gonna make it." Finnick said in a hushed whisper. "I know." I said. "He's too-" "Weak." Annie cut me off. "Exactly." I said, nodding my head.

I heard the door open and saw Blake walk in. He didn't say anything. He just walked to the table and hugged me. I awkwardly hugged him back. "I'm sorry." He said. "For what?" I asked. "I can't do this. Don't save me." He said. He pulled away, tears falling as he sat on the other end of the table.

I looked around the room we were in, and glanced out the window. "Woah." I murmured, standing up, walking over to the window. I saw tall buildings, a big lake and bridges. The Capitol. It's amazing. "It's beautiful isn't it." Athenas said as she walked next to me. Suddenly the windows were covered, and lights flashed over them, into the train, and then light came through again. Here we were. The Capitol train station.

I saw a rainbow of color, and many people. I could hear them cheering, and see them smiling. I waved, and smiled back. "Your picking it up." Finnick said as he stood up from the table with a smile. "Huh?" I asked, confused. "This is how you get sponsors. Get people to like you." He said, with a shrug.

We walked off the train into the sea of people, I smiled and said 'hello' to some people, and we were lead into a car. The 5 of us, Me, Blake, Annie, Finnick and Athenas, sat down in the back seat. This car was long, I've read about cars in school, this must me a limo. I'm so excited.

"First, we're going to the Tribute Remake center. That's where they'll get you ready to meet your stylists. Then we have the parade. Leave everything to your stylist. They should know what they're doing." Finnick explained as we drove.

Here we go.