⓹ - Gamemakers Assessment

Shortish Chapter

"Tomorrow is important." Finnick said as our dinner was being served by the Avox's. "They'll bring you in one by one, and evaluate you. That's the time to show them everything you've got." He explained. "Blake, show them your traps, and Jasper, either Axes, Spears or Swords okay?" He said I nodded. "If the hatchets are there, I'll be using them." I told him. "Okay. Go get some rest." Annie said. "Tomorrow is a big day." She added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake and I stood in the elevator, on our way to the basement. "You'll do great." I assured him. He smiled at me, unsurely. When the elevator stopped, we walked into the waiting room, and saw most of the tributes already there. Blake and I sat next to each other on a bench labelled '4'.

"Jenna Stanley." An electronic voice said. Jenna stood up, confidently and walked into the training room. One by one, the Tributes were called. When both districts 1 and two had left, I stood up and walked over to Trent, the district 12 boy. "Hey..." I said nervously. "Hi." He said. "Listen. I wanna be allies." I said. "Aren't you with the careers?" He asked. I nodded. "Ever heard of double crossing?" I asked. He smirked. "You wanna double cross the Careers?" Thresh asked surprised. "Yeah. You in?" I asked. "Sure." He said. "But, only if you promise not to hurt Joyce." He said, gesturing to the little girl next to him. I nodded. "Jasper Cree" The voice announced. "I gotta go. Good luck." I said. "You too." Trent said.

I turned around and walked into the empty training area. It was to big with no instructors, or obstacles in it. I saw the spears, and I saw hatchets, axes and knives with them. I walked over there, and picked up a few hatchets.

I saw some Gamemakers looking at me, and some talking. "Hey! I'm Jasper Cree, from District Four." I called out to them. They quieted down, and turned towards me. I set the simulation and got ready. When the targets lit up, I threw at them and hit either the head for the chest bullseye almost every time. If I missed, it was still on the body and wasn't missing by much. when I was done there, I grabbed the combat axe, and decapitated some dummies. When I finished, I got a round of applause from some Gamemakers, and the head Gamemaker, Seneca Crane, dismissed me.