Chapter 8

Magna confronts the giant white serpent. Although Magna talks big infront of (Y/N) about defeating the beast unfortunately he doesn't have a plan on how to. The creature had a body that is formidable and spewed scalding water. The fog that its creating also hid its magical presence so avoiding his attack is hard and tricky. Magna's new technique couldn't even hurt it but he did not lose hope.

With his depleting mana, Magna continued to barrage it with his attack. The serpent strike back hitting Magna with its tail. His body flung hard to the wall of the building. He gasped for air and prop himself up spitting the blood from his mouth and sneered at the beast.

As soon as he got himself backed up on the wall his friends arrived to back him up excluding Yami who went straight to the castle, Charmy who was on food hunting and Gauche was out on a mission at different location. Luck derisively mocks at his tattered figure, he irked and screamed curses at him. The black bulls stood proudly with their black robes flapping.

At the same time, (Y/N) was helping citizens to ran away from the battlefield. She was worried for Magna but she doesn't want to get in the way. Suddenly her ears were muffled and heard a voice in her head. She looked confuse where is the voice coming from and turns her head around. The voice was calling for her and seems in pain then Suddenly she felt the urge to go back. (Y/N) turned her heels and ran back to where the serpent is.

While the black bulls are taking care of the beast small meteors suddenly appeared from sky, destroying everything to cinders as at lands on the capital towards the castle. The deadly battle continues between the intruders and magic knights dragging defense less citizens. Cries and scream of horror surrounded the battlefield. (Y/N) saw countless of dead bodies haphazardly sprawled on the ground as she ran back to Magna. Her face was pallid and cheeks soiled as she continues to sob, praying that everything was just a nightmare she'll wake up from.

Magna wheeze from exhaustion and fall flat on the ground. His body was covered with wounds and his friends were exhausted. The serpent was still agile and hasn't lost any tricks. Fighting a god with an immense mana was never easy. Naga can manipulate and summon water at his own will. He can cast multiple array of spells that trap magic is useless. His defenses was still formidable. The black bulls were able to survive his attack from Asta's anti magic and Vanessa's fate changing magic.

Charmy appeared and was annoyed she chided her teammates pathetic figure and points at the beast for destroying the restaurant she was planning to visit. She then starts to use her cotton magic and cooked food to replenish their depleted mana. As Magna munch on the meal he was served with a speck of snow fell on top of his spoon filled rice. He looked up and saw the sky was covered with altostratus clouds and snow starts to fall under them. His eyes widened as an image of (Y/N) crying pops into his head. His brows knitted as his head starts to throb, he cursed under his breath.

Finally replenished the black bulls are ready for round 2. Snow starts to pelter over the entire Clover Kingdom. Everyone were baffled why did winter come when it was in the middle of summer. A wounded magic knight held its hand out to a falling snow flake. He bemused that one tiny flake that melted right on his hand was imbued with mana, so warm and yet sad.

They all pause and took a moment to scrutinized their surroundings. Unbeknownst to them the woman responsible to this baffling phenomenon was crying for them. (Y/N) was sitting on the ground sobbing. Her shoulders shock at every hiccup. Suddenly a hand pat's her head. She looks up to see who it was. A beautiful woman with long black hair stared at her with a warm smile. She looked at her quizzically as her mouth was moving but she can't hear her voice. The woman seem to understand that she can't hear her yet that her brows furrowed in disappointment but she still smiled her, comforting her bawling figure. She prod a finger on her forehead, mana starts to flow is inside her, calming her down. The black haired woman stood up and began to walk away her figure dissipates after.