Chapter 9

I sincerely apologize for not updating for an extremely long time. I have been sick and getting caught up in school work. I did not forget about this story. One thing I found during my time I was gone was a game called Cookie Run Kingdom. It's truly amazing and a really fun F2P game. I just can't believe I'm simping over a cookie smh...make that several cookies.

Anyways enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You feel a pinch on your cheek and you open your eyes to find Arataki staring at you. Neither of you said a word. Only silence until he spoke up, "Hi. Are you okay?" You opened your mouth to say something but shut it again, not wanting to speak. Instead, you nod. "That's good." For the loud mouth he is, he sure wasn't talking that much.

"Hmm...why'd you wake me up?" you ask.

"Because I'm bored, and I wanted to make sure you're okay." he replies. He's a real sweetheart sometimes.

"Well, thank you." You smile. He replies with a smile of his own. God he is so adorable...no, stop don't think that! He leans a little closer to you. Neither of you spoke. You blush a little, the silence killing you.
Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, his face was in front of yours. He was staring at your lips, a hunger in his eyes. His eyes move back up to yours. You felt a hand wrap slowly, softly around your neck. "W-wha-"
He interrupts you with a kiss. It was slow and passionate. Your face heats up again, you decide to kiss back. He nibbled at your bottom lip. You weren't sure what he was trying to do. He bit it harder this time, causing you to squeak in pain. His tongue entered your mouth, dancing with your own. He grunted and moved his body closer to yours. You began to run out of air so you pushed him away a little bit.

"Why'd you pull away?" he frowned.

"Did you forget I need to breathe, Arataki?" you ask.

"Oh shi- I mean shoot. Sorry." he says.

"Heh it's okay. I wanna get up now..." You try to get up but he lifts you up bridal style.

"You're so tiny." he says.

"We don't talk about that." you reply. He chuckles and takes you out of the room.

"Where to~?" he asks.

"Anywhere but my room." He takes you downstairs and sets you down on the couch. He sits next to you.

He was about to say something when you both were interrupted, "Getting along already, are we?" It was Ayato. He didn't look pleased.

"Yep!" he says with a thumbs up.

"That's good to hear." he fakes a smile. You noticed Itto didn't seem to care. Was there something going on between the two of them? You'd have to find out soon. Maybe Thoma can help. Or was he in on the arguing too? You wouldn't know until later.

"Isn't she just so cool?" he says while putting his arm around you. Ayato looked furious. It seems like Itto was trying to piss him off. It certainly was working.

"Of course." he replies. "I have some stuff I gotta deal with. I'll see you guys later." he waves.

"Okay bye Ayato!" Itto says. You simply wave goodbye. "What's his problem? He's upset about something. What could it be...?" You shrug.

"This is the longest I have seen him in the Kamisato Estate." someone interrupts. It was Thoma.

"Oh. Is that bad?" you ask.

"No. It's actually really good. He never rests because he stays up doing work. It's very unhealthy." he replies.

"Oh." was all Itto said. The room grew silent.

"Can I talk to you, Y/n?" Thoma asks.

"Of course. I'll be right back, Itto." you say.

"Or will you?" Itto says. You roll your eyes and follow Thoma outside.

"Is something wro-" you were interrupted by him slamming you against a wall.

"Don't speak." he says. You stay quiet like he asked. He examined you. "You don't actually like that stupid Oni, do you?"

"He's not stup-" you yelp in pain when he slams you against the wall again.

"I did say not to talk, didn't I?" he asks. You simply nod. He eventually lets go. "Don't talk to him. If I find out you have, your punishment will be worse." You blush and nod again, walking back inside, him following.

"Hey are you okay, Y/n? Thoma what did you do to her??" He stands up and grabs you, pulling you away from the insane yandere.

"Don't touch her. Let go of her and I'll let you live." Thoma speaks, his polearm in his hand. He wouldn't actually kill Arataki, right...?

"Oh hell no, you psycho. You ain't allowed anywhere near her!" Arataki was now standing in front of you. You see Ayato and Ayaka enter the room with widened eyes.

"What the hell is going on in here!?" Ayato interjects. Everyone looks at him. From what he could see, Thoma and Arataki were getting ready to fight. They both had their weapons in their hands.

"He threatened to kill me just because I'm hanging out with Y/n!" Arataki defends himself.

"Is this true, Y/n?" Ayaka asks you. You nod.

"Thoma, let's have a little chat." Ayato takes him elsewhere. Arataki wraps his arms around you while whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Ayaka nods to you and walks away, knowing you can deal with him.

"I won't be leaving your side ever, Y/n! If I have to, I will sleep on the floor in your room!" he says proudly, letting go of you.

"Thanks...really." you bow. He smiles and nods quickly. The rest of the day the two of you spent together. He was right, he never left your side. If you needed something, he would bring you with him while he got it. If you had to go to the bathroom, he would wait for you outside the door. He didn't even realize he was in love. It was like a wolf finding its mate. He was lovestruck with how fierce you could be. You had ended up falling asleep on the couch with him, so he carried you to your room and tucked you in. He hesitated for a moment, then decided, he would get in bed with you. Arataki held you all night long, not letting go of you once. You know what they say, all's well that ends well.