Young Love

“James, can I come play with you?”  You asked your brother as he was getting ready to leave your home with his best friend George of Nottingham.  You were only 7 years old and your brother and George were 9. You being the only girl who lived around your home made it hard for you to find friends. The only friend you had was your brother, but he never wanted you to hangout with him and his friends, in fear you would embarrass him.  

“No, Y/N stay home. Play with a doll or something we're going to play in the woods, you’ll get hurt.”  Your brother told you. 

Your heart quickly sank. You had been alone in your house for almost a week now, father was always away and your mother never spent any time with you.  You just stayed in your room and laid on your bed because you didn’t want to play with the stupid doll you had.  You wanted to go out and play in the woods, climb trees, shoot arrows and hike like your brother.  

“Okay Jamie.”  You mumbled your head hanging low as you walked back up your stairs to your room. Once you were out of sight George punched your brother in the arm.

“Ouch, what was that for?”  He exclaimed, rubbing his arm.

“How could you do that to her? There is no other girl for her to play with for miles. How long do you expect her to stay in this house alone with no one to play with until she starts to get sad.”  George scolded your brother.  

“She’s a girl, what if she gets hurt? She won’t be able to keep up.”  James complained. 

“So we make sure she doesn’t get hurt and we slow down. It’s the least you could do for your sister instead of forcing her to stay inside all alone everyday.”  George rolled his eyes. 

“Fine.” Your brother conceded.  

George was the one who went up to your room, knowing you would be more forgiving to him than you would to your brother. He knocked on the door before entering. He found you sitting on your bed, your doll was discarded on the floor to show your disinterest with it.  He sat on the bed beside you.

“Would you like to come with us? I talked to your brother and he would love to have you join us in the woods.”  George was so confident and always had a strong commanding voice, but with you he was soft, and gentle.  

“He would love it or you would.  I wouldn’t want to embarrass him.”  You were still looking at the floor.  

“We both would. You wouldn’t make me go out there with him all alone now would you?  What if he tries to kill me.”  He exaggerated, you knew he was only trying to cheer you up and convince you to go with him. 

“I suppose not, I better go so I can protect you.” You giggled. “Let me get changed first.”  You jumped off your bed and ran to your closet closing the closet door so you could change.  

You have stolen an old pair of your brother's trousers and a shirt you could wear when you were doing anything with the boys. This way your dress wouldn’t get in the way or get dirty.  You kept the clothes hidden from your parents, and had them redone so they had a more feminine design.  George and James were the only people who knew about the clothes, mostly because you only wore them when you were with them. Once emerging from the closet you jumped in front of George who was still sitting on your bed. 

 He smiled at your outfit, loving that you weren’t afraid to get dirty like other girls.  He also smiled at how excited you were to spend time with him. Yes he knew you didn’t want to sit alone in the house but he had been told by your brother that you only seemed to want to play with him and his friends when George was around. If George was busy you didn’t care in the slightest whether or not you left the house that day.

“Well then my lady, time to go.” He held his hand out for you, taking his hand you let him lead you back downstairs.  

“Can we go now?”  James asked eagerly.  

“Yes I believe we have everything that we need.”  George answered, glancing at you.  

You were all deep in the woods. The boys were pleasantly surprised when they realized they didn’t have to slow down so you could keep up. You kept up with them and at certain times you passed them both up.  George was faster than your brother so he did a better job at keeping up with you.  At one point you ran up a fallen tree branch but the end of the branch was about 15 feet off the ground.  You hesitated, you didn’t want to risk hurting yourself by jumping, and it was too far to go back.  George saw you looking at the ground and hesitating so he stood in front of the branch and held his arms out.  

“I’ll catch you, I promise.”  George planted his feet waiting for you to jump into his arms.  You took a deep breath and jumped, praying he would catch you and he did.  Your face landed right against his chest and your arms around his neck.  You both stood there for a few moments, letting him hold you. You were only a child, yet you felt so safe in his arms. 

“Thank you Georgie.”  You smiled at him, you were the only person he would ever allow to call him Gerogie.  

“Are you two done?”  Your brother asked, irritatedly.  Your brother could see that George was smitten with you. There were so many things George would let you get away with that he wouldn’t let anyone else get away with.  George was infatuated with you, your brother could tell. 

“Yes, yes, come on.”  George replied, rolling his eyes.  

You wandered around the woods until it was around dinner time then your brother forced you all to start heading back. Once you reached your property James said goodbye to George and went back to your house. You stayed behind and said your goodbyes to George.  

“Good evening, I hope to see you soon Miss Y/N.”  He kissed your hand, bidding you a good day. He pulled away with a smile.  

“Good evening Georgie, I hope to see you tomorrow.”  You smiled back, intertwining your fingers for a moment before pulling apart. 

“One can only hope.” 

“Y/N! Dinner.”  Your mother called out the front door.

“Coming mother!”  You yelled back. George smiled once more before running back to his home.

I'm really going to try to keep up with this book as best as I can while still focusing on my other 2 books.

This book will be 15 chapters give or take unless you can suggest things to go with the story that u want to see.