chapter 5

Felix's POV

(flashback)

"Ji-woo, I'll be leaving in about 3 months' time to Australia. So lets spend it wisely, with Felix too"

I heard Chan telling Ji-woo as I hid in the cupboard.

"You know Felix isn't going to be happy." I heard Ji-Woo spoke.

"I know, but it is fixed, and I can't do anything about it." he spoke sadly, with regret.

There I was, hiding in the cupboard in plain sight, I stifle my cry as I wiped my tears hurriedly. I busted out of the cupboard, leaving the two shocked that I was eavesdropping as I made my way to the bathroom and started my mental breakdown there.

I refused to come out, no matter how many times Ji-Woo begged for me to do so. After a few hours, I heard chan speaking.

"Hey Felix, look mate, for me it was a very last-minute decision, and my aunt wants me to be with my family. You are always and always will be my family no doubt, but some people need to move on to. My parents planned a whole future ahead of me. One day you'll be the same too. So come out cos I'm never leaving you behind. You know where to find me, okay mate?"

I mumbled a small yes that was audible for him to hear. Although I couldn't see him, it was obvious he was smiling.

5 years ago.

I stood nervously before Ji-Woo. She seemed so happy I felt bad for telling the truth later.

"Ji-woo..." I started.

I could feel her anxiousness grew as she stepped forward, but I raised my hand towards her, preventing her from doing so. "I...I'll be moving to Australia."

"Oh..." she said sadly but yet understanding. "When?"

"today"

She broke down. This was the first time I had ever seen Ji-woo cry. She was so strong she hardly had tears. The day I left her was the day I regretted to meet her the most.

(Present time)

I sighed, running my hands through my hair in frustration. What have I done? "I should've acted like Chan she was right."

I grabbed my phone and hesitantly dialled her number. Maybe she would answer. My hopes grew false as it turned to voicemail.; I turned my phone off as I took out a photo album and looked through all the photos me and Ji-woo took as kids. I smiled, tracing the fond memories from the photos.

"I'm such an idiot." I muttered.

"You are." A voice said.

"Olivia I'm not in the mood for this get out of my room." I snapped at my sister.

Rolling her eyes, she walked off.

(Ji-Woo's pov)

I was studying when I heard my phone ringing. I checked the caller ID.

"Felix..." I mumbled and threw the phone aside, continuing back to my work. After a while, my thought wandered back to Felix. I miss him, I really do, but I can't seem to get myself up to forgive him. What he does was neither forgettable nor forgivable. If only Chan was here. He was the only one who could sort problems out between us. But no, he's all the way in Australia, miles away from South Korea.

"Bang Chan... Please I'm begging you, come back.." I croaked.

word count:525 words