chapter 11

"Ji-Woo?"

I rubbed my eyes, I probably was still blinded by that little ray of sunshine who tied his jacket around my waist.

I looked up again.

"Hyunjin right?"

"Yea." He chuckled, standing up before offering his. I gladly grabbed his hand and stood up.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking." I muttered, apologising.

"Nah its alright, neither was i."

He seemed to look alright, smiling every time.

I haven't seen him in a long time. Well not that long. My relationship with him was the same with yuna and rose.

I bade him goodbye after a small chat and returned to my locker before walking home with Chan.

I sighed, resting my head in my hands.

Dark bags had already formed under my eyes. Pain. It was on word to describe me in general. In pain. It hurt a lot. My exams were round the corner. And always under the eye of her watchful parents, I was expected to achieve great results.

I leaned against the chair and glanced at the time. It was half past midnight. I stared at my table. The amount of work kept increasing as I finished each assignment one by one.

I closed my eyes and thought about random things which I hoped calmed my mind.

I started thinking of Victon and when they would release a comeback but my mind kept shifting back to studies.

A knock on my door could be heard. I whipped my head towards the door as my mum came into view.

"Are you finished?" she asked sternly.

I nervously shook my head and hung it down shamefully.

"Tsk, tsk" a sound she made when she was deeply disappointed in me.

"Go rest, continue tomorrow." She said disappointingly and left.

I sat there, frozen. I had never done well in my studies. Only average scores that even Han begged to have those marks. Nevertheless, I continued with my task, finishing each assignment. I felt my eyelids dropping. My vision blurred. The pain came back after a minute. I rolled onto the floor.

"Go away!" I screamed-like-whispered.

Nobody heard me. Well, that's what you get for having a soundproof room.

I started panting. My heart was hammering painfully in my chest as I covered my ears tightly, trying to stop the painful ringing noise. It didn't work. I shut my eyes tightly and curled up in a ball on the floor, trying to hug my knees as close to my chest.

Tears escaped my eyes as I laid on the floor, trying to calm my heart as much as possible.

Just then ,I felt pairs warm hands wrapped around my tiny figure. I looked up and saw Seungmin and chan hugging me, saying words to calm me down.

Once I had finally calmed down and the pain weakened, I voiced out. "Seungmin what are you doing here?" I asked, my question mainly pointed at him as he doesn't live under the same roof as me.

"I wanted to go to your house so I could eat, my fridge's empty. I climbed through your window but I saw you on the floor." He said dryly.

Chan and my heads snapped towards him.

"So you travelled 2 kilometres just to get food?" Chan asked with a weird look. "Isn't there a convenience store opposite your house?"

Seungmin hummed a yes but explained that my house had better things to eat. Annoyed, I pried Seungmin and Chan away from me and sat on my chair, starting to do work again.

"Ji-woo don't overwork yourself." Seungmin said, concerned.

"I'm not..." I mumbled, focusing on the questions.

"Ji-Wo-"

"I'm fine, okay?!" I shouted. They flinched at my sudden outburst but they clamed down when they saw my stressed-out face.

"Ji-Woo, forget about what your parents say okay? Get some rest. I'll see you in school tomorrow." Seungmin calmly said, before going out of the window and running through the night in unicorn pants and a white t-shirt.

"Go sleep" chan advised.

As the two boys left, my eyelids drooped and my head hit the table, falling into deep sleep.

Word count: 684

a/n: I wish good luck to one of my followers who is taking her exams. I try to be as supportive as I can. Fighting!!!