chapter 8

It was the end of the school day and it was Friday that day, meaning you had the weekend to show Chan around so he could familiarise himself with Korea after years. Unfortunately, it was my duty that day to bring all the sports equipment to the storeroom. My partner, Hana, was supposed to help me out but she was sick that day and did not show up in school. There I was, alone, keeping all the equipment as students brushed past me roughly to escape what they call hell.

I scowled as students almost knocked me down but nevertheless, I continued my task, picking up badminton rackets that my classmates carelessly throw on the floor and picking up all the basketballs the boys left In the corner of the stadium.

I sighed deeply, picking all of them one by one. After I had finished, I was just about to leave but I remembered I still had to retrieve my bag from the classroom.

I walked towards the classroom where surprisingly, the door was closed. I thought that was not natural as the door was opened but I opened it nevertheless.

My heart dropped, my thoughts faded, those butterflies I had disappeared, it felt like the whole world dropped. It felt like someone had stabbed you in the heart. And that someone was Felix.

There he was, kissing a girl. As I studied them a little more, I noticed it was the girl who accused me of having Felix as my property.

the pain was hard in my heart, a burn in the throat, it felt horrible.

I held in my tears and hurriedly took my bag, knocking the chair over, making sure they heard me, and they did. Felix was stunned, scared, sad and panting while the girl, Soo-Ah, was smirking in victory as if she had just won the lottery.

I ran out of the classroom without looking back. The tears I held in refused to obey and flowed out. Why am I even sad, we aren't dating.

I knocked my head against the locker, tears streaming down uncontrollably. I couldn't take it, I needed to know what this feeling was.

I quickly dialled Rose's number as she was sensible, unlike Yuna.

"Rose." I said, trying not to make it sound like I had just cried.

"What's up?" she said on the other line.

"Let's say whenever I see this guy, I blush, my heart beats very fast and I feel nervous in my stomach." I explained.

"You like that guy then"

Oh no, hell no was that happening.

"You like Lee Felix" she said quietly but it was audible enough for me to hear.

"How'd you know?"

"I see the way you look at him and plus you always look like a tomato" she snickered on the other side.

Embarrassed, I hung up without a goodbye.

"Ji-Woo..." I heard a voice calling me from behind, Felix's voice. I refused to show him that I was crying so I ran, ran.

When I thought he was no longer there, I slowed my pace. I had been thinking of forgiving him but these feelings...even I am having trouble accepting them myself.

A hand gripped onto my arm, pulling me back. Felix was gripping onto my hand, looking into my eyes, full of regret and sorrow. "Look, she was kissing me I was just pushing b-"

"Why are you telling me this?" I cut him off, avoiding to look into his brown eyes, in case I might become red again.

"Well, you seemed upset..." he trailed off.

I looked down to are connected hands and Felix realised too, releasing my arm.

We both stood there, not daring to look into each other's eyes and blushing like hell.

"Felix...I forgive you, for everything you did." I said softly, deciding to tell him as a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I looked at felix and there it was, that little smile. I smiled slightly.

How bad could it be?

word count:632