Heartbroken

'Father, what do you mean?' You stopped in your tracks. Your heart bounded through your body. You heard blood pumping in your ears as loudly as a Thumper and so rhythmically that you thought it would attract Sand Warms even though this was a safe area.

'I said what I said.' Stilgar kept walking. 'You're getting married.'

You quickly caught up with him. Anger, hatred, and disgust flowed through your veins. 'Why?'

'Y/n, you knew that this was what would happen.' Stilgar stopped and looked at you, his face as hard as stone. 'I raised you for this. You told me over and over that you know that you might have an arranged marriage. Why now do you object? Do you have something you want to tell me?' Stilgar starred at you, his eyes penetrating your own as though needles jabbed into them.

There was something you had to tell him. You were in love. You were in love with an Atreides, not a Fremen. Paul Atreides to be exact. You were his and he was yours, there was no doubt there. But Stilgar, he would hate it. He didn't have a violent or mean streak, he was just sturn, but you were sure that as soon as you uttered the words 'in love with an atreides', you were almost a hundred percent sure that he would bite your head off and leave you to bleed to death right there, merely a few hundred kilometers from the City walls and from your love.

'No.' You mumbled, the lie left a horrible bitter taste in your mouth.

'Good.' Stilgar nodded.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

Your room felt cold in the Sietch. The words of your father swirled endlessly in your head, leaving a scar where they struck your heart. You hadn't spoken word to him for the rest of the two day trip. He hadn't reached out to you either. Ice had covered your relationship with him, no matter how hot the days grew.

Your blue dress, the gift from Jessica, was laid out on your bed. The scent of the Palace lingering on it pleasantly. You hung it up in your cupboard as a knock sounded from the door.

'Come in.' You called out as you closed the doors.

'Hey!' Chani ran over and gave you a hug. 'How are you?'

'I'm fine! When did you get back?' You asked, somehow you'd missed Chani when walking around the Sietches earlier in the day.

'About two weeks ago.' Chani replied. 'I heard about your news.'

'What news?' You frowed.

'The marriage.' Chani frowned slightly. She knew how you didn't really like the idea of an arranged marriage.

'Oh, right. Yeah.' You sat on your bed.

'How are you feeling?' Chani questioned.

'Meh.' You shrugged.

'Meh?' 

'Yeah. I'm- I'm not happy about it.'

'You're saying that as though you're in love with someone.' Chani chuckled. She stayed silent for a moment, then it hit her. 'Oh god, you are in love with someone.'

'Chani-'

'Oh my god-'

'Chani-'

'That's crazy-'

'Chani!' You yelled, finally her bubble popped and she looked at you. 'I am. But you cannot, I repeat, cannot tell anyone.'

'Who is it?' Chani asked, leaning forward. She never really gossiped, but you weren't the type to fall in love either. Things can change.