Escape

a/n: btw idk if this is worthy of a top of story note but whatever, I love hearing from my readers, your opinions and all, so please feel free to dm me or comment on any section! I love reading them and will sometimes reply so idk, there you go heheh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul's face was cherry red when you saw him at the exit. He had clearly only just gotten there.

'Let's go.' You panted, pushing the wooden door open. It had barely been used, and because of the lack of attention it had been getting, the hinges were rusted and shitty. 

Nevertheless, you used your bodyweight to open it. You and Paul then slipped through and into a dark tunnel. You had a glowstick in a pocket of your stillsuit. You reached for it and pulled it out. 

As you did, the walls of the tiny, narrow tunnel lit up. It was lined in a silvery shimmer.

'Woah,' Paul breathed, 'this is beautiful.'

'I know.' You smiled.

'What is it?'

'It's a type of Spice. It's super rare and really hard to find. We've basically been sitting on a goldmine for years.' You replied. Lifting up a finger, you wiped a bit of the silver Spice off the wall and licked it. 'It's super sweet, try some. Just a small amount.'

Paul mirrored your actions. Picking up his hand, and tasting a small amount. He almost reeled at the sweetness.

'That's crazy.' Paul shook his head.

'I know. It's used as a sugar of sorts. One tiny amount can make two dozen cakes sweeter than necessary.' You smiled as you watched Paul. He gazed around the tunnel, his eyes glazed in a sort of trance. He clearly found beauty in all things. One of the many, many things you loved about him.

'We should get going.' You whispered.

'Yeah.' Paul nodded. You locked eyes for a moment. Full of love and tenderness.

'I love you, Paul.' You smiled.

'I love you too, My Darling.' Paul leaned forward and kissed you. His lips were warm, and despite the heat and dryness, soft.

'Let's go.' You whisper against his lips. You smile giddily, then turned in the tunnel.

By the time you reached the end, your knees and palms were sore. The raw rock of the tunnel had Ruben the top two layers of your skin off.

A small sand wall laid ahead of you. Pushing it open, a sliver of golden light lit up the tunnel, making the Silver Spice glow beautifully.

You heard Paul gasp in awe before crawling out of the small doorway.

You were hidden in between two large rocks, with an extremely thin path winding down the rock formations face to reach the bottom.

'Y/n?'

You turned around to see Paul's shoulders wedged in the doorway. You laughed for a moment, letting a bit of joy in the stressful situation.

'Alright.' You grabbed the shoulders of the Stilsuit. 'Breath out.' You instructed. Paul did as he was told and at that moment you pulled him forward.

You stepped out of the way fast enough and Paul face planted on the rock.

'Fuck!' He mumbled as he rubbed his nose.

'Are you okay, Baby?' You asked.

'Just dandy.' He groaned as he got up.

'No time to nurse that,' you said as you kissed the tip of his nose, 'we need to meet Chani before she heads back to the Sietch.'