Chapter 9- The Bi King

Dream liked having the curtains undrawn in the room. Morning sunlight streamed in, covering Dream just like the blanket thrown over him. These rays were softer than those of sunset, peeling open sleepy eyes and bidding even the most grumpy people good morning. Sunsets were announcing the presence of the moon and stars, filled to the brim with bold colors. To Dream, sunsets were a show and sunrises were an announcement.

Wilbur was humming from behind him, his voice gently rolling around the room. He and Dream had spent the rest of the night talking about anything and everything. Dream talked about his parents and sister who left the city after he graduated. Wilbur talked about the adoption system and Techno, how they met Tommy, and Tubbo in a box.

Dream loved hearing the simpler parts of the Sleepy Boy's life that he otherwise would never have known about. He loved hearing about Tommy's coca-cola addiction. Or Techno's love for historical fiction. Or Tubbo's dyslexia. Or Phil's supposed wife, who he claimed to be either a refrigerator or the Goddess of Death.

"He doesn't wear a ring," Dream had said in confusion. "And did he really meet Kirsten?"

"Probably not, that's why we think it's the fridge. I think it was a lie he made up for the younger two so he didn't have to explain the birds and the bees. Jokes on him, Tommy wrote How to Sex."

Dream had wheezed with laughter, shaking his head at the absurdity. Now he was sleepily blinking, letting Wilbur thread his fingers through his hair as he hummed a song. It was a peaceful morning, one he wanted to cherish forever. No more messy breakups, running from law enforcement, or new tall men. Just tranquility and simplicity, a domestic scene.

There was a knock on the door and Dream lifted his head from Wilbur's chest. The peace was fracturing, they could both feel it. The outside world demanded attention, and it wasn't going away any time soon. Wilbur gently pulled him back down, continuing to mess with his hair.

"You can come in," he called out.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure it was safe," a monotone voice replied. The door swung open, Techno walked in, and Dream let out a strangled gasp. Techno was covered, completely coated, in blood. His hair was matted with dark red and rust colored crust. His clothing, while never immaculate, was now stained and frayed. He had a cut running from his cheek to his jaw, now dry blood stuck to his face.

"Damn, you had quite the night," Wilbur said with a yawn, completely unconcerned.

"Are you okay?!"

"Yeah I'm fine," Techno replied. "Got jumped by some gang, they couldn't do shit though. Technoblade never dies." His smile was feral and his eyes bright crimson. With a chill, Dream remembered the reports of streets coated in blood because of this hybrid. He hadn't truly believed it to be true until now.

"The real question is, what have you two be up to," Techno asked, leaning against the door frame and picking at his nails with a dagger. "Or do I not want to know?"

"Stories," Wilbur replied, ignoring the comment while Dream flushed. "Did you know Dream has a sister?"

"Nope."

"She would've liked you," Dream said with a remniscint smile. "She used to threaten to gouge my eyes out with a fork if she didn't get her way."

Techno chuckled, shaking his head.

"Sounds like her and Tommy would have gotten along excellently."

"Oh for sure."

"We can discuss this later, Phil sent me to collect you guys, so come on."