Chapter Twenty

Hey, hehe, y'all are going to hate me. Sorry, but inspiration was hard to find until I started to write the sixteenth chapter in another book. This chapter becomes of MAJOR importance. I would love y'all to vote, comment, and follow. I really want to say I'm sorry, but on the upside I am almost at 1K views and when that happens I will do something special. P.S. If y'all want to know about another account that I have to write stories that are sequels about anime message me. I was dared to watch them and then when I hated the ending decided that I would change it in a new story.

~Wuv

~Warrior_Cat_

{Breezepaw's P.O.V.}

Slashheart and I finished our duel and I lost, again. What happened next, was what happened every time I lost to her. I bowed my head in submission and defeat. Suddenly a paw came at my head hard and threw me across the ground. I lay there stunned for a little while until I realized that if I stayed down Slashheart would punish me more. Her claws were extended during the blow and pierced my head in four slits at different places. I stood up and waited for further instruction.

"Go hunt by the border. Remember that if you tell anyone about the way we train, you will wish that you were never born." Slashheart said in a threatening tone.

I knew what she was capable of, Slashheart was sure to give me a full demonstration of what she could afflict when I was first apprenticed. I was totally and completely afraid, but in some ways I wanted to be just like her. Slashheart was a great warrior, strong fighter, fast as a snake, good hunter, could never be beaten, and never let anyone push her around.

I always knew that Rainpaw was different than me and had wanted to be friends with her, but she was always favored by everyone. Cats said that she was so strong for surviving, while she was still the size of a three moon old kitten. 'Oh, precious little Rainpaw, here let me do everything for you. While you are given all the credit. Rainpaw, it's totally okay that you broke the Warrior Code and left the camp twice before you were apprenticed. You are an exception to everything.'

I went off hunting bitterly thinking about what to do. I caught two squirrels and a few baby water voles from a den. As I walked back to the camp I realized that what I wanted was to be respected and remembered long after I had faded from Starclan. The way to do that was to overpower all the others.

At the camp Silverpool and Mossfur congratulated me on my catches. They were part of the slim few cats who thought of all of my siblings as equal. Night fell and I went into the apprentice den. Most of the cats slept towards the center, but mine is in the back corner. A slight hole is in the wall and air flowed through. ruffling my fur. I was awoken by Spazpaw who shoved me in the shoulder with a paw. I never liked him, he was too...soft.

"Slashheart wants you our in the clearing, and she seems very angry." Spazpaw said. I left the den and the sun was still rising. Slashheart's tail was lashing and I could see blazing anger fill her eyes.

"Hey, Breezepaw. Why don't we go out for a little training, okay?" Slashheart asked. Her voice was sweet and song-like. I didn't exactly know what to expect so I obediently followed behind. She started to take me to the training area, but then she took a turn. We headed out of clan territory and she took me into a cave. As we went deeper the light diminished and Slashheart stopped.

"WHAT DID YOU DO! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK AND WHAT HAPPENS, FLAMESTAR COMES TO ME AND ASKS ME TO GO EASY ON YOU. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. YOU WILL LEARN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DELIBERATELY DISOBEY ME."

"I...I...I didn't!" Slashheart clawed my flank and blood filled out of the scratch and I knew that I would need to fight back. I took a defensive stance and when she leaped at me I clawed her stomach weakly, while trying to roll out of the way. I was not fast enough and had my tail clawed. I launched myself at her, and Slashheart stuck a paw out. It hit me square in the forehead. We battled for what seemed like days.